title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Newbie advice on using Asset

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Elgar
    • Sep 2011

Newbie advice on using Asset

I am using dbPoweramp to rip CDs to a Twonky Media WD Mybook live (using Windows 7). I don't like the way that twonky allows you to categorise music, so I've installed Asset. My music streamer recognises both Twonky and Asset, but the music files only appear under Twonky. How do I get Asset to access the music on the WD hard drive?? I've run Asset with the Mybook live reference as the library, but it just isn't picking up any files at all. HELP!!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Newbie advice on using Asset

You have gone into the Asset Configuration >> Advanced Settings Edit and added the path to the WD?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Elgar
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
      You have gone into the Asset Configuration >> Advanced Settings Edit and added the path to the WD?
      I have. When I click on 'refresh all' Asset doesn't pick anything up.

Comment

• Elgar
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Elgar
        I have. When I click on 'refresh all' Asset doesn't pick anything up.
        WHOOPS! Just spotted that I've checked the box to block FLAC files. All working as is should now. Am very much liking the way that it categorises my music. Hopefully my next post here can be a little more sophisticated than this one!!

Comment

• Elgar
          • Sep 2011

OK - so I'm up and running. But now I have another issue. I've installed Asset on my NAS which is on the network, but I can only use Asset when my networked laptop is switched on? Is there any way that I can may sure that I can use it even when the laptop is off? The NAS is always on.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Asset can only be installed on Windows PCs, or a Windows Home Server NAS.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Elgar
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
              Asset can only be installed on Windows PCs, or a Windows Home Server NAS.
              Thanks for that. Just so I'm clear - do you mean that I can't replace Twonkymedia with Asset on my WD Mybooklive (I'm not sure if this is a Windows NAS)? If I could this would be superb. My problem is that Twonky does not allow me to change the navigation tree to something that I would find useful. Have you got any examples of Windows Home Server NAS drives? Thanks in advance for your help with this - I'm slowly getting to grips with how this all works!

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Google:

acer whs

Click on shopping
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RonM
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Nov 2008

There aren't too many pre-configured devices with WHS 2011 available (if any, Acer has one in the pipe but I haven't seen it). However, you can buy the WHS software on Amazon as we speak, at a third of the list price, see http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846. This could be installed on a suitable networked computer as the center of a home network.

See http://www.winsupersite.com/article/...er-2011-140443 for a discussion about WHS 2011, from a knowledgeable fan.

R.

Comment

Working...

]]>