title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to stop silences between tracks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geh333
    • Dec 2010

How to stop silences between tracks

Hi.
    I’m using the free version of Asset UPnP being accessed over a LAN by a Naim Uniti. I have live concert recordings such as available from the Internet Music Archive. Each track has a separate file, but some tracks segue into each other and the software introduces silence between the tracks, thus annoyingly interrupting the segue. What I am seeking is how to tell the software not to introduce the silence. The Naim I guess doesn't introduce the gaps, so it must be the Asset UPnP. Could it be the PauseStart and PauseEnd settings in the config file - currently 7000 and 4000 respectively? Is changing them easy and sensible?
    Previously asked in the "How Do I" and suggested to move here. Sorry if it's a FAQ.
    Thanks,
    Graham
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How to stop silences between tracks

>The Naim I guess doesn't introduce the gaps

Technically it is, with UPnP there are gaps between the tracks when one track finishes the player has to ask for the 2nd track after playback has finished.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• samundsen
      • Apr 2006

I use several different players with Asset. Some support gapless playback and some don't. I do not get gapless playback when streaming from Asset to my Yamaha receiver, but using Foobar2000 with the UPnP plugin, gapless works great streaming from Asset.

Comment

• geh333
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
        >The Naim I guess doesn't introduce the gaps

Technically it is, with UPnP there are gaps between the tracks when one track finishes the player has to ask for the 2nd track after playback has finished.
        Thanks, Spoon. I should have thiought of that! Presumably that means there's no easy solution with a Uniti :-(

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Naim will be implementing a work around (work around the limitation of UPnP), once that is done then an updated control point will be able to play gapless off Asset UPnP.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>