title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Replay gain and 24 bit

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tyke
    • Jan 2011

Replay gain and 24 bit

I have set these as options but playback is still 16 bit and the volumes are still up and down. . Also Songbook detects the server just fine, and it is showing clearly on the network, but ChorusDS will not detect it, even when I reinstall the app or restart the server. Chorus detects the Twonky server just fine.
    Tyke
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Replay gain and 24 bit

ReplayGain is only used if the file is being transcoded, so the FLAC would have to be set to 'as Wave'

As why Chorus cannot detect Asset, cannot say, try leaving it on for a while (20 minutes) if it is detecting after 20 minutes then something on your network is blocking UPnP discovery.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Tyke
      • Jan 2011

Thanks for this. But Songbook and Plugplayer detect the server fine, so does this suggest it is not the network?
      Tyke

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Not if there are 1000's of people using Chorus and Asset without issues.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• twit
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
          ReplayGain is only used if the file is being transcoded, so the FLAC would have to be set to 'as Wave'
          Any plans to allow Replaygain use without transcoding?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Some form of transcoding needs to be done, even if it is back to the original format, for Replaygain to be applied.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Tyke
              • Jan 2011

I have noticed that Picking up Asset even on songbook does take a few seconds. But Chorus does not pick it up however long I wait. Upnp is enabled on my router, is there anything I can do to speed things u?

Comment

Working...

]]>