title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Beta: Flac 5.3 (using flac 1.1.2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Beta: Flac 5.3 (using flac 1.1.2)

An update to flac (ok decoder was rewritten from scratch), to solve the IDTag crashing problem. Also .fla files are only decoded as an option (conflicts with Flash files).

Download: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dBpow...codec-flac.exe

538KB

If you were having crashing problems with ID Tag writing, please post your findings with this new version.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com
  • EliAbbe
    • May 2005

It Looks Good to Me

My simple test that I was using to generate the crashing problem before now passes with flying colors! I will try some more extensive tests tonight.

Thanks and congrats.

Comment

• dcoberlin
      • Oct 2005

Re: Beta: Flac 5.3 (using flac 1.1.2)

I have downloaded FLAC beta and will try it soon.
      Thanks
      dco

Comment

• dcoberlin
        • Oct 2005

I downloaded the FLAC Codec from the above link to the same folder I had the previous version of FLAC codec. I attempted ripping from CD to FLAC with high compression and it crashed the first two times at about 16% with the same error message as previously. I re-downloaded the codec and tried again and it gave a new error message:

Unable to copy temporary file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Converted Music\22New Folder\Alison Krauss - Broadway.flac.TEMP.flac' to 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Converted Music\22New Folder\Alison Krauss - Broadway.flac', possibly not enough disk space.

What do you think I should do now.
        thanks
        dco

Comment

• dcoberlin
          • Oct 2005

Also I again tried to rip the CD without preserving ID tags and it worked fine.
          Same issue perhaps?
          thanks
          dco

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

You uninstalled the old FLAC codec before installing the new one, right?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Your issue where it mentions .TMP.Flac is where a previous rip has the file locked, rebooting the PC will sort that out. As to why it crashed on tagging, if you look in dMC Config, make sure it says 5.3 for the version of FLAC.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dcoberlin
                • Oct 2005

I uninstalled the previous Flac codecand reinstalled the beta release Flac 5.3
                It worked fine!
                thanks
                dco

Comment

• ailean
                  • Oct 2003

Things were looking improved till last night. Again when I selected half a dozen new flac files with no tags (probably no header space either) and tried a tag from filename (just doing [Track Number] first) it only managed it on one file. Repeated attempts on the other files always failed. I tried again with [track] [album] and [artist] tags and they seemed to work okay. After that I tried just the [track number] again and it still failed. Then I went in with the Right-Click Tag option and did each file by hand and that worked as usual.

There must be some extra initialisation being done by the Tag option that isn't happening with Tag from Filename maybe for performance reasons, again it could be relating to the size of these files (70-100mb each at maximum compression) and because I don't think they have any tag header space before I'm taging them.

If you can release the file merger beta util then I'll try using that rather then Goldwave to merge these flacs as it could be something Goldwave is doing.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

By failed you mean crashes or no tags?
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ailean
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Spoon
                      By failed you mean crashes or no tags?
                      I've never seen an error pop up box with this problem although when it works the gui does tend to hang around a little longer while it copies the data to a new tmp file and when it fails it just tends to close very quickly as if it was not attempting the main operation, maybe failing some check and not entering the main loop.

How different are the procedures that are called when using the right-click tag operation and the tag from filename util?

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

Same methods, try converting the problem files to mp3, then try a tag from filename on those mp3 files, do they get ID tags (when mp3)?
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ailean
                          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Spoon
                          Same methods, try converting the problem files to mp3, then try a tag from filename on those mp3 files, do they get ID tags (when mp3)?
                          I did a quick go and yes it's the same when in mp3 so it looks like a parsing issue with the tag from filename.

The structure of the file names are;

"[artist] - [album] - [track [track number] ].ext"

So I have to do it in two passes,

"[artist] - [album] - [track]"

and

"Chapter [track number],"

The file names are exactly the same upto the actual track number, which is in the middle of the track name, preceeded by the same one word, a space, the track number (two digit 01 02 09 10 20 etc), a commar and the unique part of the track name.

In this case they are chapters from a book so it is;

"authors name - book name - Chapter <number>, chapter name.ext"

The bizzare thing is that out of the three I made to test when I did the TfF "Chapter [track number]," on all three one of them worked. The other two just wouldn't produce anything in the tag even as mp3. Now the file names are *EXACTLY* the same up to the track number then followed by ", " so if the pattern worked for one it should work for all.

In this case chapter 01 & 02 failed but 03 worked, now I know 3 is a magic number but this seems odd. In the other attempts there was about a 1/3 to 1/2 chance it would work on any batch of files.

I was seeing other odd TfF stuff but I suspect most of that was down to stray "-" in the middle of book/chapter names.

Comment

• beastieboy
                            • Oct 2005

I am not sure if the beta 5.3 will fix my problem. What is happening is that I have roughly about 700 GB of music (some in flac., most in fla. form), and I am trying to convert all of them to mp3 and store them on an external maxtor so I can transfer to a portable player. The Fla. files are currently on a TerraPro that is attached to my media center. It is networked to my PC, where I have installed dbpoweramp. The file are broken down onto three drives, listed as three separate folders, with sub-folders of artist, record, and songs. The problem is that when I start converting one of the three folders it will run for approximately 1-2 days and shut down, and all of the files are not converted. When I come in to check the program the computer is normal, but the dbpoweramp is completely shut down with no final results or no file selector window open, it just completely shuts down. It will make it through about 80% of the songs. My questions are: 1. Will this beta fix help me. 2. In what order in a conversion does dbpoweramp converts songs in a specified folder (so I do not have to start the conversion all over again because it will take approx. 7 days to completely convert all the songs) 3. How can I finish converting the songs it missed without having to manually compare song to song in order to see what was skipped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                            Last edited by beastieboy; October 29, 2005, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

There is an option (Power Pack) on the overwrite page 'No to All' that will skip all existing files.

@ailean are you able to give exact filenames (1 that does work and 2 that do not work.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>