title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ZoneAlarm Alert on Amp.exe

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Harry G
    • Oct 2005

ZoneAlarm Alert on Amp.exe

I just installed the player. ZoneAlarm is telling me that amp.exe is trying to monitor my mouse movements and keyboard strokes.

Does it need to do this or has spyware gotten into my copy of the program?
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: ZoneAlarm Alert on Amp.exe

You can enable hotkeys in dAP, so that would explain the monitoring of keyboard strokes. Not sure about mouse movements.

Your ZoneAlarm settings are very touchy, I must say.

Comment

• donny
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Oct 2002

mouse and keyboard go together

there is also an option for dap not to show on the taskbar, so that could also explain the mouse monitoring...

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It monitors keys so when you press CTRL + ALT + M you get my musc collection, (you have to configure those first), no spying.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Djiezes
          • Jan 2006

I'm having the same problem, and in search for a better solution.

You can get rid of that annoyance by disabling 'OSFirewall' in Zonealarm. That's about the only workaround i could find and i searched a lot. Not even in the very active ZoneAlarm forums they could give a solution to this annoyance.

Is there a way to disable the dbpoweramp hotkeys or in short, the mouse and keyboard monitoring function in Dbpoweramp?

The trouble is, zonealarm will give that same message for every application you run when dbpoweramp is running. Even when you shut down dbpoweramp it will still give that message for every program that's running.
          This, and the fact that i quite like the OSFirewall function in ZoneAlarm makes me want to find a better solution to this annoyance.

Comment

• donny
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Oct 2002

I think those warnings are appeareing no mater are you running dap, cause many apps want to see what you are doing... as far as I know dap will work even if you deny access perminent, or you could grant it perminent if you want to trust it...
            same goes for the other apps, most of them will work fine when you deny them. anyway you can try then let only the ones who really need it. just click on the "always" checkbox

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Delete the file dapkeycontrol.dll (reboot pc so can access the file), then no more global hotkeys in dap.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>