title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Mobile phone Sound file support

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Martin0815
    • Jan 2005

Mobile phone Sound file support

Hello,

since owning a new mobile phone, I searched for tools to create the sound files, my mobile phone supports, like AMR, IMA/DIV ADPCM, or iMelody.

What's about converter drivers to create such "sounds" with the dMC?

The easiest format would be IMA/DIV ADPCM - RIFF WAVE, Mono, 4bit, 8/16kHz, block align 256 (WAVE_FORMAT_DVI_ADPCM).

But I don't know anything about AMR and iMelody!

Thanks for any suggestions, thoughts, ...!

Best regards,

Martin Lemburg
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Mobile phone Sound file support

I though IMA ADPCM was already installed in windows - click 'compression' on the wave compression page.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Martin0815
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Spoon
      I though IMA ADPCM was already installed in windows - click 'compression' on the wave compression page.
      Yes, you are right!

If I want to convert a PCM Wave file (41kHz, 16bit, stereo) into a mobile compatible IMA ADPCM Wave file (8/16kHz, 4bit, mono), than I have to:
      • open the Sound Recorder from Windows
      • open the file to be converted (file/open)
      • press in the dialog invoked by the menu command file/properties the "convert now" button
      • choose the conversion format (here IMA ADPCM)
      • save the file using a new file name (file/save as)
      • exit the Sound Recorder

That is absolutely to complicated and can be changed to be a lot of easier!

Why not letting dMC use the system internal IMA ADPCM codec or all system internal codecs to provide different WAVE conversions?

I don't want you to reinvent the wheel, but to reuse the exiting wheel to let the real world spin a little bit easier and quicker! :D

Best Regards,

Martin Lemburg

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

What Spoon means is that you indeed have an option to convert to IMA ADPCM from dMC when you select WAVE, click Compressed and select IMA ADPCM from the drop down list.

Comment

• Martin0815
          • Jan 2005

Ok - thanks for you clarifying this!

So, than there is still the question about supporting the AMR format (narrow/wide band).

I don't have knowledge about the technical background or the licence this format is distributed with.

Best regards,

Martin

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Ah, for that part you'll have to get information from the phone manufacturers (good luck, I've not had any luck with Sony Ericcsson on details of requirements and how to get anyhting onto my cell phone). There may be some support forums for that too.

Comment

• niveas
              • Mar 2005

hi i am a new member of this forum. can u tell me how can i stream .AMR or .WAV files to a mobile media player application. Actually,we have to develop a player application using MMAPI(j2me & jmf stuff) that will play streaming audio-video from some online data source.'n also can someone tell me how to integrate a software codec into the application.so how to go bout it. does anybody have any clues.please help.feel lost.

Comment

Working...

]]>