title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Bug Maybe?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Bug Maybe?

RE: the PowerAMP Player: The right part (Piece) of the "On Screen Mini Control" (OSMC) which opens the song name window of OSMC and the "Mini Tray Control" (MTC) cannot display ON TOP of the Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) Window (displays behind the window).

I have found that by opening a Window Application i.e. Word and then click the OSMC off and back on again on the Windows Application (then closing the application) will fix the problem so that the two features (OSMC & MTC) display ON TOP of IE6.

Sounds like an IE6 compatibility issue. Are there any possible fixes available or in the works for this issue with PowerAMP Audio Player Release 2?

Thanks

Mike
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Bug Maybe?

I have IE 6 in XP and have no such problems, perhaps you have something special running? (some window enhancement)?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

Does this happen with the default skin? If you are using different skins, then I would wonder if the problem might not be related to specific skins. Even then, my experience has been that most skins are stable until you start multi-tasking at which point your computer's capabilities start playing a factor. But some skins are far less prone to such problems, including the default skin. I also have IE 6 and XP and have not, generally speaking, had such a problem as you describe although I have experienced a variety of skin glitches with a variety of skins (but not with most skins in general).
      Best wishes,
      Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Unregistered

I am using the default skin in Windows 98SE. Since it appears the only difference regarding two persons which do not have the problem is the O.S., is there any knowledge that this issue has been tested and verified for these components on a Windows 98SE O. S.?

thanks

Comment

• Unregistered

To further clarify my issue, (besides that I am using the Default skin and WIN98SE O.S.) I should add that when the Main Player is first launched BOTH the "On Screen Mini Control" (OSMC) which opens the song name window of OSMC and the "Mini Tray Control" (MTC) window DOES display ON TOP of the Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) Window. It is only when the IE6 is used (gets focus) i.e. anything on the IE6 is clicked on then both the OSMC & MTC will no longer display ON TOP unless the Player is exited and re-launched, however once again as soon as the IE6 is used again as before were then back to the same problem again. One other point the Main Power AMP does display ON TOP when I right click on the MTC in any case. It is just that even if I remove and redisplay the OSMC both the OSMC & MTC will not display ON TOP unless I do this while in a Microsoft Application Window i.e. Word, then the OSMC & MTC will no longer have a problem and will continue to then display ON TOP even using the IE6 thereafter.

It seems to me to be a programing problem, I can't see why the Win98SE O.S. would cause this issue.

Comment

• Unregistered

SORRY FOR ADDING MORE, ONE VERY IMPORTANT POINT; THE PROBLEM IS NOT CAUSED BY USING WINDOWS INTERNET EXPLORER (IE6) as I said before IT IS WHEN THE MAIN DbPowerAMP IS MINIMIZED by Clicking on the MINIMIZE BUTTON on the Player!!! (which of course also happens when the user uses another application.)

In other words when first launching the Player the right part (Piece) of the "On Screen Mini Control" (OSMC) and the "Mini Tray Control" (MTC) window WORK PROPERLY and display ON TOP. But when the MAIN DbPowerAMP IS MINIMIZED by CLICKING on the Player MINIMIZE BUTTON Then both the OSMC & MTC no longer will display ON TOP of IE6 unless as I said another application i.e Word is used and the OSMC is stopped and restarted which fixes the problem. To be clear here most of the OSMC works okay it is just the right piece of the application which opens the "song name window" which no longer display including the "Button" which opens the "song name window".

I hope the added information is helpful in determining the problem.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Perhaps something to do with the graphics card driver? I havn't seen or heard of it before.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• xoas
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2002

I have successfully run dAP r2 on Windows 95 also. Are you new to dAP and this has been happening all along or have you been using dAP a while and only recently had this problem arise?

Comment

• Hyrize
                  • Jul 2004

I have a vaguely similar thing happening with win2000. I have a stadard windows toolbar at the top of the screen (set to auto-hide, always on-top), and when i have the mini-control (OSMC) on with the song name display open and the top toolbar appears, it will partialy display over the mini-control. (having a fiddle with it now and the problem seems to have gone away!!!)...but it did happen!:o

Comment

• Craze
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Oct 2002

I've had this problem forever...and with the default skin using '98SE with both the mini and the tray. I posted about this bug when I made my first skin and have included some directions for a work around in The Studio and DualPro skins. (Although the work around in DualPro is easier).

It may be a Z-order bug associated with MMC?

Load DualPro skin...look at second point in 'Bug Notice' from "Help" button on player.

Hope this is helpful.

Craze

Comment

• Craze
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Oct 2002

Just to follow up... The only thing I allow to run is antivirus...no multi-tasking going on. The results are the same whether antivirus is running or is closed.
                      Loading MMC will always cause the problem to manifest itself on default player and many other skins resulting in tray not being able to rise with mouse over dAP taskbar icon, and mini slideout disappears.
                      I have no graphics card. Graphics and audio are integrated on mother board.
                      Using '98SE.
                      The best work around is to click on taskbar area just left of the system clock which resets these items to "Top Most".
                      I also get this when updating any skin from within Skin Designer.

Buttons still disappear when accessing "Open Files".
                      Hope this is helpful.
                      Craze

Comment

• xoas
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Apr 2002

Craze-
                        Are there any skins that don't manifest this problem?
                        (Might be useful for frustrated users if there are any).

Comment

• Craze
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Oct 2002

I spent the better part of this evening downloading and installing a ton of skins to understand the scope of this problem with Win'98SE. I unloaded ALL startup items from 'msconfig' utility and restarted my system.

With no other programs running, here's what I found.
                          I opened up dAP and activated the mini control if the skin had one.
                          (Some skins had no mini remotes or tray controls. Some had no mini, but did have tray).

After the mini remote control was activated I opened up MMC.
                          Only five skins Mini's stayed on top.
                          No mini with a slide out option displayed the slide out option. (These are typically three skins for this control). Some of my mini controls have two skins layered together to produce the VU's and they do not display when MMC is opened, even though they are designated as "Top Most" in the Skin Designer.

The real eye opener in this is... Out of 42 skins tried, only one skin would display the Tray Control from the tray icon with MMC opened!!! The same was true when the Skin designer was opened. This one and only skin was Narler's "Tie-Fighter" which contains no Mini control! (Or if it did have a mini, I couldn't find it).

I'm using Windows '98SE, Pentium III 650MHz, 512MB Ram mem., BIOSTAR Group M6TWG 1.X mother board. No audio card. (integrated).

No attempt was made during these tests to work around the problem. But it definitely looks like a problem for '98 users.

Hope this gets the attention it deserves.
                          Hope this has been helpful.
                          Craze

Comment

• xoas
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Apr 2002

What an effort!
                            Thank you for all that legwork!
                            I was kind of hoping there might be skins out there which would not have this problem so that Windows 98SE users might have some alternatives.
                            Analytically it would be interesting to know whether all Windows 98SE users have experienced these same problems and whether users on other systems have had these same problems. It might be somewhat useful to know but I would tend to agree that there is a definite glitch in the program somewhere unless Spoon hhas a simple remedy up his sleeve.
                            Best wishes,
                            Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Craze
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Oct 2002

Might be a good poll to start for someone. Do you want to start it?

Comment

Working...

]]>