title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Flac playback with dAP

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GWA
    • Nov 2009

Flac playback with dAP

Hello, Can I firstly thank the programmers and the people who provide support on this forum. It's a great program and well supported.
    My problem, i have recently started ripping CD's in flac. This works well. The problem is playing back these files, it seems to be impossible.
    I have read other threads relating to this problem and implimented the suggestions made to no avail. The files can't be played nor can they be associated with the player.
    I have the latest version of the ripper installed with the beta 3 player. OS is W7Pro.
    Has anyone any ideas on what this could be?
    G
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Flac playback with dAP

G-
    I assume you have been using a newer version of dbpoweramp Music Converter (r12 or later) for ripping/converting your files. The newer versions of Music Converter are built on a different platform than was used for versions of Music Converter up to and including r11.5 and the programs built around it (including dbpoweramp audio player).

In your case, this means that db audio player needs to be installed to a different folder than Music Converter and it means that you need to download and install the Legacy Codecs from Legacy Codec Central to the location you installed db audio player. I am guessing that one or both of these issues are the basis for your problem.

If you installed db audio player to the same location as the newer Music Converter, remove it and reinstall to a different folder before you download and install the Legacy Flac codec from Legacy Codec Central.

For further tips see the FAQ here:
    Q: I installed the codec for <x> and dAP doesn't recognize it. The file type is not an option in the open dialog. A: Currently, Codec Central codecs are for dMC r12 ONLY. Codecs for dAP are found in Legacy Codec Central, linked to from the main Codec Central. Additionally, if you have dMC r12 and dAP installed to

You will find Legacy Codec Central here:

If this is not your problem, or if you run into trouble with these directions, please let us know.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>