title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wishlist R13.x/R14

dBpoweramp Guru

Wishlist R13.x/R14

R13.x requests - I believe these would be easier to add, and hopefully could make it into an R13 point release. Many of these are OPTIONS to give the end user more power and control. Some of these are important enough to me to hold off on major rips

-option to Auto-Rip HTOA for supported drives - especially important with batch ripper

-option to save the highest resolution art from BOTH sources automatically: the art from different sources is often wrong or of poor quality. Especially with the batch ripper where you are paying for the meta-data you should grab it ALL in case the one downloaded by default is wrong or poor quality

-option to force secure rip even if AR matches

-Option for second pass burst mode. It seems that often if there are errors, re-ripping often gets an accuraterip the first time around while secure ripping may toil for a very long time and maybe get an accuraterip. If C2 is enable collect additional C2 pointers during 2nd pass.

-Separate accurately ripped and inaccurate directories: When a disc is ripped accurately the files are placed in the normal directory. When one or more tracks on the disc are inaccurate the user would have the option to move all of the disc, or just the inaccurate files to an incomplete or inaccurate directory separate and distinct from the main library. If in the future the disc is repaired or a different copy of the same pressing is ripped and all of the files are ripped accurately dB moves the album over to the accurate directory. This does NOT require database functionality. When a disc is inserted check the directory. If the disc already exists in the accurate directory, double check the number of tracks/ARid/CD TOC, inform the user and the rip can be canceled. It it exists in the innaccurate directory, only select the innaccurate tracks to be re-ripped by default. If all tracks are accurate move the disc to the accurate directory. If the disc is in neither directory rip to a temporary rip directory, at the end of the rip move the disc to the appropriate directory.

-CUE sheets
    -Option to write cue sheet when ripping to individual tracks.

-Option to do a test rip - no encoding, not even "test encoding"

-Option to tag each song with the following additional tags:
    -Drive Make and Model used for rip
    -Drive offset if used
    -If Overread Lead-in/out was used

-Option to place log file in rip output directory with a checkbox

-option to force secure rip (or second pass burst) on portions of 1st and last track not in covered by AR: spoon, I know you don't seem to be a fan of this or think its required. However, its only an option, should(?) be easy to implement, and other users have requested it as well

R14 Requests: These would likely require more to implement. They may add significant additional functionality to dBpoweramp

-drive tabs to run multiple rips on multiple drives all within 1 instance of dbpoweramp running

-Libary database: I dont need full library functionality in the ripper, but I would like the ripper to have some knowledge of my library. When ripping a disc I would like the ripper to check and see if the disc is already in the library, or maybe one with the same Album name but a different number of tracks

-Rip sessions: basically generate a playlist for a rip-session. You can star and stop a new rip session at any point. All files ripped during a rip session are added to the rip session playlist. So if I rip my discs I can create a rip-session for me. Then when I rip my wife's discs I create a separate rip-session. If a disc is loaded that is already in the library, it is not re-ripped, but the disc is added to the rip-session. All the files are moved to the same library, but when I want to load her songs to her iPod I just move her playlist and all of her songs are loaded.

-Re-Rip track in multiple drive: different drive do error recovery differently. It may be possible to partially rip a track in one drive, then re-rip the missing parts in a second drive to re-build an accurate rip of the track

-keep a high resolution folder.jpg or artisit - album.jpg in the album directory and tag each file with a lower resolution and smaller size jpg

-"Defective by Design" database: suggests if a disc may be "Defective by Design" and benefit from this ripping mode

-split tracks with hidden song after silence (song-silence-hiddensong) into 3 separate tracks: song xcutx silence xcutx hiddensong
    -database of songs with tracks hidden in this manner

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Wishlist R13.x/R14

-R14: Album Art Selector: GUI to show all available album art and allow user to select the best

-R13.x: option to reject non-pressed discs: I purchase large lots of discs and don't want to inspect them all individually. I don't want to accidentally rip a burned disc and would like dB to notify me if a disc is not a pressed one. Especially important if I start using the batch ripper
    Last edited by EliC; 07-01-2008 at 08:45 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

- A log entry on HDCD detected and one for Pre-emph detected (whether or not de-emph is to be implemented)

CD+G support. Since Audiograbber is now basically malware under Vista and no further development of this product is intended this would be a worthwhile addition. dbPowerAMP is the most comperhensive ripper on the market and this is the one major support/wishlist item that should be added.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by KJMikey1.1 View Post
    CD+G support. Since Audiograbber is now basically malware under Vista and no further development of this product is intended this would be a worthwhile addition. dbPowerAMP is the most comperhensive ripper on the market and this is the one major support/wishlist item that should be added.
    I know Audiograbber's developer and Spoon were working together at one time. I wonder if Spoon has ever given any thought to hiring other developers to help with the development cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by EliC View Post
    R13.x requests -

-option to force secure rip even if AR matches

-CUE sheets

-Option to write cue sheet when ripping to individual tracks.
    This would be a gr8 to get added. I really miss these options.

The CD Ripper features "Profiles". I would love to see the converter have profiles. For instance, I have certain files that I need to convert to 16-bit, 8K, mono WAV files for ultimate use in a digital PBX system. Those converted files always go to the same directory. I would love to have a preset that I can create that would change all of my settings and the output directory all at once.

dBpoweramp Guru

For the silence--sound--silence thing: a DSP (which can be used on already-ripped tracks too), and with the choice of
    - split in files
    - put index marks in tags
    - put index marks in cuesheet

Quote Originally Posted by Porcus View Post
    For the silence--sound--silence thing: a DSP (which can be used on already-ripped tracks too), and with the choice of
    - split in files
    - put index marks in tags
    - put index marks in cuesheet
    I'll add a vote for this one.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

How about an option to split flac and other files based on a cue sheet(i got some I made from disks i had that where in bad shape, now i would like to get just certen tracks out of them)

Most of those disks are in such bad shape i had to leave EAC running overnight or so to get what i got out of them.......wasnt even thinking about it when i ripped i just wanted my tunes after my ex tossed my cd's into a box with a bunch of CRAP without the cases(she also destroyed over $400 worth of books because she didnt like to read and got mad i did...)

i still have the disks, like i said, mostly unreadable, my house of pain cd is fubar for example, even tryed using the reserfacing tool at my buddys job(video store) didnt get all the scraches out......

blah, i need to stop thinking about it b4 i got postal :P

Cue sheet support is being worked on, per Spoon.

more and freely definable mapping so that metadata being present in non-dbpoweramp-standard fields are turned into correct ones when writing tags.
    Similar to the vorbis mappings.
    Problem is that lots of strange programs did write strangest identifiers (ENSEMBLE, ALBUM ARTIST, ...) and currently one could only map the ALBUM ARTIST to ALBUMARTIST.
    Would really be nice if the number or mappings could be extended by the user and input commentstring aswell as resulting commentstring could be defined by the user.
    Since vorbis is pretty un-regulated, the number of redundant metadata grows, since what happens is that if one programm misses something it simply adds a new comment with data, even if the data did exist but under a differnt comment.

- A log entry on HDCD detected and one for Pre-emph detected (whether or not de-emph is to be implemented)
    I'd like to see this too. Or even a little "HDCD" indication in the GUI would be nice.

I would like to see a powerfull tag editor.

Administrator

>"HDCD" indication in the GUI would be nice.

You can switch on the Technical column in CD Ripper (right click on Track Number to add the new column).