title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

how to make the music converter worth buying

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • creative
    • Feb 2007

how to make the music converter worth buying

i know i would buy the music converter if:

i could convert all my m4a, wav, etc etc files to just mp3 or wma..

the catch is, i don't want to have to select all the files i want converted, i just want to select t he folder "my music", and the program should be able to go through all the folders and subfolders and convert and replace anything that isn't mp3 (or wma) into mp3 (or wma).

right now i have 1000's of folders containing 10 000's of subfolders all with just a few songs in each, lots of these are wav and m4a files, .. i really need an easy way to convert these files so i can drag them onto my 40 gb rca lyra jukebox player which can only play mp3 and wma files
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: how to make the music converter worth buying

Batch Converter does just this function. You can specify the folders and formats you want to convert (as in convert all WAV, WMA, but not mp3), put the output file in the same folder, and use the "Delete Source File" DSP to delete the original file.

Comment

• creative
      • Feb 2007

hmm i tried this but couldn't get it working with m4a because it said there was no file in the folder.. :o

maybe i did something wrong... ill get back to you on my progress!

Comment

• creative
        • Feb 2007

yeah, i cant get this to work with m4a files, which are all the files i need converted :/

it worked really well for wave files though.

are you guys planning on supporting m4a --> mp3 conversion in the future?

thanks and sorry this is kind of double posting as i already asked this in support

cheers - creative

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Answered in your other post here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=12069.

Comment

Working...

]]>