title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

sample offset

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Qwaz
    • Jan 2005

sample offset

if you have a CD drive with an ofsett of +800 how much of a track would i miss/add on in seconds

(i know its a small amount just wondered how much exactly it was
  • neilthecellist
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2004

Re: sample offset

whoa....Right now I feel like a n00b. Usually, I help a lot in the Support Section of the dBpowerAMP forums, but this is not something I can help with, so I'll just say this: What is an offset on a CD Drive?

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Re: sample offset

Originally posted by neilthecellist
      whoa....Right now I feel like a n00b. Usually, I help a lot in the Support Section of the dBpowerAMP forums, but this is not something I can help with, so I'll just say this: What is an offset on a CD Drive?
      We'll let Spoon answer this via a post in the AccurateRip forum: http://www.audiosense.org/forum/show...ghlight=offset
      To summerize: CDs have 44100 samples per second. Your offset is the amount the CD has to read into the data of the CD to get to the "start" of the audio. On some CD drives, this may mean losing some data, but even 800 samples isn't too much as compared to 44,100 each second.

Comment

Working...

]]>