title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper Can't find path to NAS

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JosephAM
    • Nov 2014

CD Ripper Can't find path to NAS

Can't seem to get the CD ripper to recognise my NAS on my network. Tried browse by folder, 'Network', but it is not visible. Tried 'Map Network Drive', and 'connect to web site...' using the NAS web page address, kicks me out ('does not appear to be valid'). Any thoughts? Really don't want to have to rip to my hard drive and than xfer (I believe that is what I use to do when first using dpPA some time back). Hoping there is a solution. Thanks ahead.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Ripper Can't find path to NAS

If you cannot find your NAS in Windows File Explorer, there is little you can do in CD Ripper to overcome this, the NAS is simply not available.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dat Ei
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2014

Hey JosephAM,

what happens if you type in "\\" followed by the IP of your NAS into the address line of your File Explorer? Do you see the content your NAS?

Dat Ei

Comment

• JosephAM
        • Nov 2014

Thanks for the replies. I have no problem seeing my NAS and its contents via File Explorer. But I cannot see it via CD Ripper.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

If you can see the nas in Windows explorer, then you will be able to right click on the share name >> Map Network drive

you will have a real drive letter then.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JosephAM
            • Nov 2014

Hmmmm. Well, I tried 'browse for folder' under Map Network Drive, and it only sees another computer. (Note that Windows file Explorer has my NAS listing in the Media Devices category in detail (right window); it does not see it in the left window showing file folder structure; looks like CD Ripper is only seeing the higher level file folder structure and Computer category only).
            Once again, tried the IP address, that doesn't work either.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

The media devices section just means the UPNP server is being picked up, but no network shares, it has to appear under 'Computer' in the network.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JosephAM
                • Nov 2014

Thinking this can't be a unique problem. I'm sure others have similar configurations. Is there a work around or is this something that can be on the list of application tweaks for the next release?

Comment

• Dat Ei
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Feb 2014

Hey JosephAM,

Originally posted by JosephAM
                  Thinking this can't be a unique problem. I'm sure others have similar configurations. Is there a work around or is this something that can be on the list of application tweaks for the next release?
                  I don't think that this is a unique problem, but my suspect is that this is a problem of your NAS and not of dbpoweramp.

What happens if you just open File Explorer and type in "\\" followed by the IP of your NAS? Can you see the content of your NAS? Can you map your NAS to a drive letter, like Spoon has recommend?

As long as you can't access your NAS this way, I would guess that your NAS does not offer a file service like SMB/Samba. Maybe you can activate SMB/Samba in the NAS configuration.

And as long as your NAS does not offer file serving, dbpoweramp has no chance to access your NAS too.

With best regards

Dat Ei

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Your NAS is not configured correctly, it is set to share audio through UPnP, but not network shares.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• qdshayes
                      • Jan 2015

I am having exactly this problem. I can see my NAS (QNap) in Explorer under Storage Device and Asset under Media Players, but it isn't available to CD Ripper. I've checked all the settings I can find in the QNap configuration and everything appears as open as it can be. Any help in fixing this would be very welcome.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

The QNAP has to appear under the Network >> Computer

Storage is not a share which can be used, if it is not there then the QNAP is not set to share folders, log into the QNAP to check.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dat Ei
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Feb 2014

Hey qdshayes,

what model of QNAP NAS do you own? Being a QNAP NAS owner myself maybe I can help you.

Dat Ei

Comment

• qdshayes
                            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
                            The QNAP has to appear under the Network >> Computer

Storage is not a share which can be used, if it is not there then the QNAP is not set to share folders, log into the QNAP to check.
                            Hi Spoon,

Thanks for getting back to me. Are you able to guide me to where I might find the settings I need to change?

Comment

• qdshayes
                              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Dat Ei
                              Hey qdshayes,

what model of QNAP NAS do you own? Being a QNAP NAS owner myself maybe I can help you.

Dat Ei
                              Hi Dat,

Thank you for your offer of help. The QNAP I have is a TS-219P II. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...

]]>