title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

RE: Duplicate track names

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cienega32
    • Sep 2012

RE: Duplicate track names

Is there a way to hi-lite any duplicate track names in the Ripper Title field?

Many times, none of the metadata sources will provide the additional info such as [Live] or [Demo], etc. or one will provide it but the rest of their meta is a mess.

Hi-liting the dupe (2nd) title in the main screen would alert users of the "conflict" that results in an overwrite of the first title; missing tracks. Otherwise a 'Review Metadata' is needed all the time.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Duplicate track names

If you add track number there will never be a duplicated track name.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Cienega32
      • Sep 2012

Re: Duplicate track names

Understood but that's the catch - I'm wanting to get away from having anything other than title in the filename. I've always ripped to include track * and have now become slightly dissatisfied with that in the file structure.

The other aspect, and more importantly, is knowing to add any relevant info to a title without having to scan the track listing for dupes or going to 'Review Metadata' just in case one source or another has included the extra detail (live, demo, etc.) of any "Bonus Tracks" on a CD. Such a detail would allow instant recognition of a track when making playlists, burns, drag & drops, etc.

The scheme used in the Metadata review is outstanding with the bold-red hi-liting any text differences between the sources and would love to see that method carried over to the main track listing with dupe titles. IMHO, it would be a nice enhancement to the best ripper I've ever used.

Comment

Working...

]]>