title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: only one out of 14 files is burned

only one out of 14 files is burned

I am new with CD writer.
    I have a selection of 14 wav files selcted in W7 Explorer and right click Convert To.
    In the Music Converter Window I select Audio CD and Writing to I select mp3 Data CD (700 MB)
    After some time I see the CD Writer window with all 14 files listed, so far perfect. The sum of alle files is below 700 MB.
    Next I insert a 700 MB CD-R in the ODD and hit Burn CD.
    In the little progress window it shows after a few second (about 10) that it is finished and when I hit OK the CD is ejected from the ODD, but only one file is burned!

I repeated the above procedere two times with the same result.

What did I do wrong?

Administrator

Re: only one out of 14 files is burned

Try choosing a gapless disc as the destination (the files are written differently).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Try choosing a gapless disc as the destination (the files are written differently).
    Thanks for frast responds.
    If I choose a gapless disc, I can't write mp3 Data. I think it is for audio CD only?

I found the following solution:
    I convert the files from .wav to .mp3 with Convert To to the same destination.
    Then I start CD Writer, select the files (14) on the right window and add them to the main window.
    If I hit Burn CD it will burn all 14 files.
    What is the difference?

Administrator

There should be no difference

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    There should be no difference
    But there is a difference. The MP3 files generated with Convert To are are slightly larger than the one generated within CD Writer.
    By the way, I forgot to mention, it is always the last file of the 14 files which is written on CD.
    The progress indicator shows first a time of a few minutes and suddenly it changes to a couple of seconds.