title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP v3 Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset UPnP v3 Discussions

Originally posted by muka
    Hi Spoon,

Do you know the reason why the name of artist cannot be displayed on the album by Artist selection

Normal Log file
    ========================FOLDERS==================
    [All Tracks]: co31: 0\Advanced Search\Album by Artist\ [All Tracks]\: :
    &*blooper*29872;&*blooper*29699;SACD&*blooper*2282 5;&*blooper*30879;&*blooper*31995;&*blooper*21015 ; - &*blooper*26997;&*blooper*21697;&*blooper*20043;&* blooper*36984;&*blooper*37969;&*blooper*32893;&*bl ooper*29256; [Various Artists]: co28: 0\Advanced Search\Album by Artist\: (t_album=3): Various Artists&*blooper*29872;&*blooper*29699;SACD&*bloop er*22825;&*blooper*30879;&*blooper*31995;&*blooper *21015; - &*blooper*26997;&*blooper*21697;&*blooper*20043;&* blooper*36984;&*blooper*37969;&*blooper*32893;&*bl ooper*29256; [Various Artists]

Adnormal Log file
    ========================FOLDERS==================
    [All Tracks]: co2772: 0\Advanced Search\Album by Artist\ [All Tracks]\: :
    2L Audiophile Reference Recordings: co2327: 0\Advanced Search\Album by Artist\: (t_album=5256): 2L artists2L Audiophile Reference Recordings
    Your log did not come through on the forum, can you explain a bit more please?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Michael Sargent
      What tags should be used with WMA Lossless (.wma) files?

Thanks,
      Mike
      If the WMA disc labels are correct then it will appear in Windows Media Player or dBpoweramp tag editor (off the top of my head they are stored as id3v2 tags with x/x)
      Last edited by Spoon; 09-08-2010, 12:10 PM.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Originally posted by dvdr
        Spoon

I then played a few albums, but analyzing the database again, all playcounts stayed at Zero! So, by selecting and playing the songs with my setup (tried both with PlugPlayer and Songbook), the cell for playcount does not get populated/altered.

As for "recent Albums / tracks": they are not populated, still, even after playing one album several times. Found no entry in the database to look that up, yet.
        Trying to open AudioFilesIndB.bin with Sqlite-Editor, I am asked for a password, so I cannot analyze that one.

Hope, this information is helpful....
        AssetPrevPlayedv3.bin contains the previously played list, this is used for recent listings only.

There is an issue where the playcount is not updating, what file type are you streaming, and how? (as is, or wav, mp3, or lpcm)?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Michael Sargent
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
          If the WMA disc labels are correct then it will appear in Windows Media Player or dBpoweramp tag editor (off the top of my head they are stored as id3v2 tags with x/x)
          That made an improvement, but it's still not quite right. Here's what the Denon displays:

Code:
            2003 Vol. 2; 1935-1937 [Cab Calloway]  

>*1. 1 A Good Sauce from the Gravy Bowl  

*2. 1 Moon at Sea  

*3. 1 The Boogie-Woogie  

*4. 1 Pluckin' the Bass  

*1. 2 Keep That Hi-De-Hi in Your Soul  

*2. 2 I'm Always in the Mood for You  

*3. 2 There's a Sunny Side to Everything
          It's showing the disc numbers and track numbers, but it's sorting them so that all track 1's are displayed before all track 2's. I can now see the disc numbers, but I'd certainly prefer it shows all of disc 1's tracks before all of disc 2, etc. Something like (if these were all 2 track discs):

Code:
            2003 Vol. 2; 1935-1937 [Cab Calloway]  

>*1. 1 A Good Sauce from the Gravy Bowl  

*1. 2 Keep That Hi-De-Hi in Your Soul  

*2. 1 Moon at Sea  

*2. 2 I'm Always in the Mood for You  

*3. 1 The Boogie-Woogie  

*3. 2 There's a Sunny Side to Everything  

*4. 1 Pluckin' the Bass
          Any ideas?

Thanks,
          Mike

Comment

• Michael Sargent
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Dec 2009

I guess I should mention that I assumed that the "x/x" format you mentioned above is disc*blooper*/*blooper*ofdiscs (ie., the first disk is 1/4, the last is 4/4). That's the format that dBpoweramp CD Ripper displays (but does not store -- is that right?).

Thanks,
            Mike

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Correct.

The Denon might be alphabetic sorting the list its self, try Asset Control to see which order it lists them in (it will display in the order Asset UPnP gives out).
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dvdr
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Sep 2008

AssetPrevPlayedv3.bin contains the previously played list, this is used for recent listings only.

There is an issue where the playcount is not updating, what file type are you streaming, and how? (as is, or wav, mp3, or lpcm)?
                Spoon

There is no AssetPrevPlayedv3.bin in the directory - it should be in the same user directory, where the database, the config-files and the folder with the coverart is stored, right? After uninstalling Asset V3, I deleted all contents of that very directory, to get a clean reinstall, and I did not notice this very *.bin, there. Later on, after having installed Asset V3, I can see all the files I knew about - except AssetPrevPlayedv3.bin (even after playing some files).
                When is this *.bin created? After installation, after having played the first few tracks of music? Can I just create an empty text-file and rename to AssetPrevPlayedv3.bin to enable/test support for storage of that data?

As to playcount: Most of my files are flac & I have left the configuration to stream all file types "as is" (except m4b -> wav)
                There are some audiobooks in m4b format ("->wav") and there are some mp3-files ("as is"), which I have listened to, too. All their playcounts are "0" as well!

BTW.: Did you get the audiobook-test-DVD I sent you?
                Last edited by dvdr; 09-09-2010, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Michael Sargent
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Dec 2009

Correct.

The Denon might be alphabetic sorting the list its self, try Asset Control to see which order it lists them in (it will display in the order Asset UPnP gives out).
                  I installed the latest build of Asset Control, and it shows the songs in the same wrong order as the Denon does (that is, all track 1's from the 4 discs, followed by all track 2's from the 4 discs, ... ).

Are there any settings in the Advanced dialog that may be affecting this?

Thanks,
                  Mike

Comment

• linuxdancer
                    • Sep 2010

Re: Playing PCM (Wave) files on PS3

Hi,

I've noticed an issue when trying to play music on my PS3. I get skipping on the audio. Other players I have work fine playing the wave files.

In particular I noticed something peculiar on my network switch ( Dlink green 5 port), which is then connected to a wireless bridge DAP-1522. This connects at a 5ghz connection of around 120mbs to my music server. On the players that work. The lights are streaming like crazy and I get no drop outs. On the PS3 the light slowly pulse.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Re: Playing PCM (Wave) files on PS3

Try a wired connection to see if this is the issue.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bokko
                        • May 2010

I am running windows 7 64 bit for asset beta 3 latest version dated aug24 when trying to access a flac with Oppo BDP-83 it locks up. Works fine with my PS3 using the same file.
                        It did not do this previous to june16 version. According to post here other user having same problem he also has a debug file posted if it helps.
                        http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...php?p=19168975 post number 1115.

I have attached the debug file for OPPO dbp-83 and my PS3 so you could see it would appear to affect only the Oppo player. (my PS3 is wired and having no issues with audio drop outs using flac's or waves).
                        I am still running the same firmware since May on the OPPO...there is a new beta firmware out but won’t upgrade until it’s released...
                        I know the name of the player has not changed but apparently might again once firmware is out of beta. (Tversity and PS3 media player still work fine).
                        Check your email for debug files I can't seem to add attachments to my post.
                        Feature request.
                        Also I have a large number of files some are flacs some a wave files. It is a big hassle to scroll to second page advanced search to get to an option that allows me to search by folders.
                        Is it possible to put a folder search on the first menu?

Comment

• muka
                          • May 2010

Your log did not come through on the forum, can you explain a bit more please?
                          Thank you Spoon. You have answered me at Linn forum.

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

@tillig

I have tried playlists on WHS, they worked, here is what I did - created a folder on D:\ as 'Playlists-test', then went into asset configuration >> advanced and added this folder as a playlist folder. Then I created a new text document in that folder, edited it and added the name of one audio track:

D:\shares\Music\50 Cent\Get Rich or Die Tryin'\50 Cent - 02 - What Up Gangsta.flac

Saved the file, renamed it to 'Test Play List' and renamed .txt to .m3u. Tried to play the file in the playlist (Renaissance and PS3) and the file played.
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Dec 2008

RE: Asset UPnp 2010-09-13 beta, Asset Control is showing duplicate album entries for the following Browse Tree:

Root
                              ----Album Artist / Album (A To Z and No Track Listing are checked)
                              --------Album by Release

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

You would have to have the tree as:

Root
                                ----Album Artist (A To Z and No Track Listing are checked)
                                --------Album by Release
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>