title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Real Media files

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • propelahed
    • Aug 2003

Real Media files

The download.com description for this player claims it can play streaming rea media and real audio files. Is this true? If so, how do i set it up to play these by default when i have clicked on a real media link?

If this player cannot play real audio files, does anyone know if I can download any other player which will (besides RealOne player). I really hate how much resources realone takes up.

Thanks, Adam
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

It does not play them very well, I have asked download to change the description on several occasions.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Re: Real Media files

Originally posted by Spoon
      It does not play them very well, I have asked download to change the description on several occasions.
      You may also want to remove mention of it on your own site. I think the quality (slow startup and continuous hiccups on my XP machine), lack of time readout, and lack of transport control is likely to frustrate users who have gone to the trouble of digging up and installing the old RealPlayer v8, installing your codec, and then configuring your player. No offense, but the results are simply not worth the effort.

Nonetheless, I admire what you're trying to achieve and kudos on the new audiosense.org site.

Comment

• donny
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Oct 2002

the support is more there for the completness of the conversion abilities (which is also not perfect, but at least it is there if you need it).

Comment

• Subzero

Re: Real Media files?????

Gutted yet another player that claims and comes up lame, please update your text by removing the REALAUDIO STREAMING TEXT , and ive bought and payed for poweramp, but this players no good to me if it dosnt do what it claims, do you have to have a special PLUGIN for realaudio files or something?, i dont want to go to realaudio site cos of there online spyware website, i tryed ultraplayer.com another no go with streaming real media real audio, is there any other player out there that can handle OPEN URL??? .RM .RAM files???? oh and .ASX files for windows streams.. good radio website for link examples is www.pyrotechnicradio.com

anyone please email me if you find a palyer that can or a FULL version of realone.zip ya get me? email ka05@hotmail.com thanks subzero

Comment

• donny
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Oct 2002

Re: Real Media files?????

You need to download the plugin for real as first... And dAP is free you don't have to pay for it to use it... only for some advanced features...

Well, most of the players that support real audio require that you install Real player and then they use the installed codecs... So you need the real player - search on the download sites, maybe you should get an older version then realone... And I personally use winamp with the tara plugin to play real audio... Like it more than real...

Comment

• Stryder

ya, what about .rmj files? I know u have a codec that covers .rm files, but i can't find one for rmj, and it won't use the codec that real has. thanx.

Comment

• Razgo
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

i think you just rename the .rmj to .rm? and then convert.

Comment

• fordracer42
                  • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Razgo
                  i think you just rename the .rmj to .rm? and then convert.
                  Is it true if you rename the ram to ra, it will convert???? Do you know when spoon is going to have the new codec ready for download?? thanks Bill :yawn:

Comment

• Unregistered

Maybe a good question is:

After installing RealPlayer, which files/codecs do I have to duplicate, so that when I uninstall RealPlayer I can still use db to convert...

Someone must know where the files are... windows system folder?

junks

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Stryder
                      ya, what about .rmj files? I know u have a codec that covers .rm files, but i can't find one for rmj, and it won't use the codec that real has. thanx.

Comment

• Unregistered

Hot Sweaty Nuns

Comment

• Unregistered

Sweet greasy nutz!

Comment

Working...

]]>