title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Skipping Source & Overwrite check, start conversion without listing

Question Skipping Source & Overwrite check, start conversion without listing

I have some rather large conversion jobs (tens of thousands of files) ahead of me, where the files are stored off-site, accessed as a mounted network drive. Mostly FLAC to various other codecs, but with some ID-tag processing thrown in. Since the network can be slow and requests throttled, the Source & Overwrite check is taking days.

I'd love it if this could be bypassed entirely, as I can take full responsibility myself for making sure nothing gets overwritten.

Related to this, I'd also like to simply select an input folder and an output folder and start converting, without Batch Converter insisting on reading/listing every single file beforehand. Again, with network or remote storage, this is less than ideal.

I'm using 15.3 as that's what I have available, but I'd be willing to upgrade if this functionality is in newer versions.

Thanks!

Administrator

Re: Skipping Source & Overwrite check, start conversion without listing

R17 would speed up this area, as long as ID tags are not used for naming.

Cannot get around reading the list of files to convert, the program needs to know what it is doing before it starts off.

Re: Skipping Source & Overwrite check, start conversion without listing

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    R17 would speed up this area, as long as ID tags are not used for naming.

Cannot get around reading the list of files to convert, the program needs to know what it is doing before it starts off.
    Thanks for getting back to me. I'm looking into TuneFusion as a possible replacement going forward, as it seems better suited to my workflow.