title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Flawed disk error correction? vs Windows Media Player

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sarrfunk
    • Jan 2006

Flawed disk error correction? vs Windows Media Player

I have found that dBPowerAmp doesn't have any kind of correction for reading disks that are scratched or damaged - the resulting mp3s "skip".

windows media player, however, seems to have some kind of error correction for damaged disks - these disks tend to take much longer to rip, but the resulting mp3s are flawless. So I am guessing it slows down the disk read speed, or makes several attempts at reading a damaged section.

I am now going back a re-recording several of my disks that i orriginally ripped with dBPowerAmp and re-ripping them with WMP. Which I hate to do because there's MANY things i dislike about WMP - limited formats, less control, have to rip to my hard drive and then Synch at USB 1 speed (WHY?? When my device also works as a USB 2 HD), live with WMP's organization system, grrr.

But this seems to be the only way i can get my less than perfect disks onto my Mp3 player. And I am very disappointed that dBPowerAmp has failed me when it comes to disks with even the slightest of flaws.

Or is there some feature or add-in to dB that I have yet to discover? Maybe in the next release?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Flawed disk error correction? vs Windows Media Player

AccurateRip in dMC r11.5 helps to notify you if the CD wasn't ripped properly.

For ripping damaged CDs, might I recommend Exact Audio Copy: http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

Its designed to rip a CD repeatedly until it gets matching data, which may or may not be correct but is more likely to be. dMC will be getting "Paranoid" CD ripping sometime in the future, I'm not sure if its dMC r12 or afterwards.

Comment

• gameplaya15143
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Sep 2005

try enabeling 'slow ripping' in DMC's options

i have never had any problems ripping CDs with dbpoweramp
      i suggust you clean your CDs, use toothpaste on those big scratches if you must

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

>enabeling 'slow ripping' in DMC's options

That will not help, it is an option for olde drives that are not accurate stream.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>