title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ra to MP3 problems

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

ra to MP3 problems

I've had problems while converting RealAudio .ra files to MP3 files recently. I'll set up a few files to run, go away, and come back in a few hours (has it converts pretty much real-time). But every darned time, my DUN dialer window is on the screen, and the coversion process has frozen.

I thought there was some spyware feature in dBpowerAMP, but the site specifically points out that it DOES'T contain spyware. >Something< about dBpowerAMP, and the ra conversion process wants to phone home, and is jamming up the gears.

Uninstalling and re-installing did no good. It had remembers all my settings, and proceeded to call home as soon at I started a conversion. I uninstalled, and deleted all registry keys that looked like part of Illustrate, and managed to get the software working again without caling up the DUN dialer.

Anyone have any idea what's going on, or how I might fix it?

Thanks for any feedback!

Shel
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Turn off any auto dial, it is likely it is the RealAudio Code that is trying to phone home.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Spoon
      Turn off any auto dial, it is likely it is the RealAudio Code that is trying to phone home.
      Can RealAudio initiate an auto dial by merely having another piece of software access a .ra file? I thought I'd turned off as many things in the Real setup as I could possibly find (not one of my favorite software manufacturers). I'll look to see if I can find somewhere in Windows 98 config to deny auto-dial. Probably settings for my DUN connection huh?

I'd rather shut down Real though, as it's handy having auto dial when my download software get's bumped off line at times.

Shel

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You can get at autodial through Right click IE icon >> Properties.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>