title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Lame convert and v2 Tags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dBtisi
    • Sep 2002

Lame convert and v2 Tags

Isn't there any workaround for the problem where converting to Lame does kill half of my v2 tag ? I mean, it's pretty easy to skip the complete tag when it comes to code, since all one needs is to locate the start of the mpeg data.

Besides all the other nice features which recently made me going for the powerpack this is a real disappointment since it asks me to re-tag the files I processed.

Perhaps some sort of three-stage processing could do the trick by etracting the v2 first, convert the mpeg data and re-stick the previously extracted tag afterwards. I could so at the moment using another nice program, but it's really a pain to do so since it asks to switch between two programs.

Apart from that ... a great program
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

If going V2 >> V2 tag, all the items should be preserved except large data items (such as Album Picture).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dBtisi
      • Sep 2002

Semi-correct.
      APIC frames are thrown away, yes, but I didn't expect that the TDRC frame is a large data item.

First of all I thought that it might be that the TDRC frame was after the APIC frame but it wasn't, so it looks more to me as if works by a lack of FRAME support ? Strange, since if so it would really leave corrupt TAGs wouldn't it ?

anyway, still dreaming of tagged mp3 files being some sort of container presented to the OS as one file whereas in case of modifications v2, mpegdata and v1 should be seperate files. Would speed up work a lot.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If only tags have evolved in a hap-hazard manor, I am quite happy that dMC is one of the few programs that will preserve the normal tags (artist, track, etc) across most formats.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dBtisi
          • Sep 2002

Hehe, that's right, and it's a big step forward to not loose too much of information on conversation.

Haven't tried most of the conversation possibilities due to lack of need, but it was one major argument going for the PowerPack since I dislike using a dozend of different program for one matter.

have fun ...

Comment

Working...

]]>