title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ID Tag Editing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • STAR

ID Tag Editing

I Registered My Power Pack A couple days ago, I like These programs and thought yeah.. I'll support the efforts...
    But I noticed that its working with everything except that I can't edit the id tags. The option in the DMC configuration is shaded grey and I can't get to it. Please help me out! Thank you!
  • Unregistered

I have one more question... hopefully this one will be easy and something I may have overlooked?
    okay here goes... I used the dMC file selector to convert a list of mp3 files to wma. I had it set up like this:
    -Music Folder- then
    -Whole Albums Folder- then
    -Artist Folder-then
    -Album Title Folder- inside this folder are the audio files

with mutiple artists and albums being converted... now when it finished... all of those folders that were checked marked... were repeated in the album title folders of each album respectively
    i.e.
    -Music-
    -Whole Albums-
    -Savatage-
    -Dead Winter Dead-
    -Music-
    -Whole Albums-
    -Savatage-
    -Dead Winter Dead-

it did this for all the files I converted.. it was a mess... do you have any idea what I could do to fix this? and have all the newley converted files end up in the original folders where they are being converted from?

ONE MORE THING... it also took the entire filename including the extension and just added the .wma
    i.e. Savatage Dead Winter Dead -01- Overture.mp3.wma
    is there a better solution to this rather than turning the view file extentions option off in explorer? I like to know what format audio I'm looking at so I can sort and convert them easier.

Thank you for all your help... and I love your programs here...
    Can't wait for the smart conversion based on original bitrate.. hope you can get that one to us soon!
    Thank you SPOON!

Comment

• STAR
      • Sep 2002

Sorry about that last one being so long

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Edit tags with Right Click >> Edit Tag

When Converting through File Selector, you should have selected 'Output To' 'Folder' and entered the root folder, such as C:\ the it would have done them correctly.

Anyhow have a look as 'Arrange Music' in the Beta section of this forum.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• STAR
          • Sep 2002

Okay... Thanks for the help on the issues...

One Problem tho... When I right click on a music file all I see is the convert to button... it doesn't say Edit Tag :(

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Make sure you have the latest release of dMC, it should be there.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• STAR
              • Sep 2002

Sorry To Be Such A Bother :(

I do have the newest version installed... I have the newest versions of all the programs.
              I'm Running Windows 95... Installed the patches and everything.. Can Do everything else just fine thus far...
              It Won't pop up info tips either.. I remember it doing that at one point before I had registed the power pack...
              I cannot get the Id Tag editing at all...

Everything Else you mentioned Helped me tho... and thank you...
              Hope you can help me with this issue... I hate to be a bother :(

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Have a look at some other file types, such as Wave it too should have an 'Edit Tag'.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• STAR
                  • Sep 2002

No Edit Tag on any file format:( grrrr....
                  :(

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Ah sorry for the run around it is a bug, download dMC Release 10 Beta 1 (from Beta in this forum) to fix it.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>