title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DVD ripper

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 55trucker
    • Sep 2002

DVD ripper

Hi there Spoon........just wanted to inquire....as to the future of a dvd ripper?.......i've been looking now for a couple of months .....still no software supplier out there has been able to produce a product that will see a dvd and rip the audio.....there are a few who advertise that they can...but to no good luck.....your software has been good to me in the past......waiting patiently here.......thx....Steve
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Just waiting for there to be a sufficient demand for the DVD ripper.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• 55trucker
      • Sep 2002

Hmmmmmmmmm.........hard to imagine, with the increasing desire to rip DVD'S that it's not there yet.............i know that i could find it very useful.....tell me.....how difficult is it to design the software to see just the audio portion of a dvd disc, vs the complete disc information , in the same sense as the software that rips cd's?........thx......Steve

Comment

• zevele

This i would like cery much.
        I have a lot of concerts on DVD and would like to be able to rip only the music

Comment

• 55trucker
          • Sep 2002

DVD ripper

Hi again Spoon.........I wanted to ask you...whats the difference between an audio dvd, and a movie dvd?......i came across another developers software( BPS) they stated that it was capable of ripping dvd's, when i tried to use the product on a concert dvd (Eagles - Hell freezes over)the software would not see the disc ..contacting them, and asking what was the problem here, the response that i got back was......the software only rips audio DVD's....not movies.......Am i missing something here?.....whats an audio dvd?.....as far as i know...dvd is short for Digital Video Disc......anyway.....noone out there seems to be able to produce a good piece of software the rips the audio portion of a dvd......and seeing that my original request got a few looks.......do you feel that the idea is worth a try?.........thx Spoon......Steve

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

The two are completely different, I haven't really looked into it much to tell you the truth.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MODatic
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Apr 2002

My suggestion would be to use SmartRipper to rip the movie DVD's VOB files. Download and install FlaskMPEG, doing the same with this plugin, copy it to your FlaskMPEG directory. Open the first vob with FlaskMPEG and FlaskMPEG will read the *.lst file generated by SmartRipper and open all the vobs as one (thanks to the plugin).

After that, go to Run..>>Extract Audio to .wav

Comment

Working...

]]>