title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

LAME 3.97 in dBPoweramp

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ezra2323
    • Aug 2003

LAME 3.97 in dBPoweramp

Spoon, first off - recently registed the latest version (I had a registered version of the older version as well). Love the program and happy to keep contributing financially to the cause with new registrations!

Now (directed to Spoon or other experts), how does one replace LAME 3.96.1 with 3.97 alpha 10 in dBPoweramp? (Being somewhat but not exceptionally computer savvy, I need step by step directions if it is complicated). and where is the best place to get 3.97 from these days?

I ask becuase most people at HA are saying 3.97 is definitely superior to 3.96.1. I would like to use 3.97 to covert my Apple Lossless files.

Thanks for any help!
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: LAME 3.97 in dBPoweramp

All you need to do is replace the version of lame_enc.dll found in a sub folder of C:\Program Files\Illustrate\ with the 3.97 version.

You should also be aware that dMC uses text files (e.g. lame.txt) which contains details of the codec versions installed. If you do not update this file dMC will still report that version 3.96 is installed.

I would give you the exact locations but I am not on my home PC which has dMC installed on it.

Wayne

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Re: LAME 3.97 in dBPoweramp

I think its in the Compression folder then mp3 (Lame) or something. Also, you could download the Lame.exe codec from Codec Central and download the LAME exe that you want to use.

Comment

Working...

]]>