title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

can't rip to MP3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

can't rip to MP3

i've been using the program to rip about 10 or 15 cd's to mp3's with no problems, and then i wouldn't work on certain cd's and now none work at all. For example, when i click the rip icon after loading the Luna cd with the following tracks, i get the following error message:

The output file 'E:\rips\01 - Chinatown.mp3' could not be opened.
    The output file 'E:\rips\02 - Sideshow By The Seashore.mp3' could not be opened.
    The output file 'E:\rips\03 - Moon Palace.mp3' could not be opened.
    The output file 'E:\rips\04 - Double Feature.mp3' could not be opened.
    The output file 'E:\rips\05 - 23 Minutes In Brussels.mp3' could not be opened.
    The output file 'E:\rips\06 - Lost In Space.mp3' could not be opened.
    The output file 'E:\rips\07 - Rhythm King.mp3' could not be opened.
    The output file 'E:\rips\08 - Kalamazoo.mp3' could not be opened.
    The output file 'E:\rips\09 - Hedgehog.mp3' could not be opened.
    The output file 'E:\rips\10 - Freakin' And Peakin'.mp3' could not be opened.
    The output file 'E:\rips\11 - Bonnie And Clyde.mp3' could not be opened.

does anybody know what i've done, or need to do?
    thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

What is drive E?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

drive E is just the part of my hard drive (drive C) where i'm storing music. it's not an actual, distinct drive or disc.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Something is stopping it writing, I would go back to basics - set the rip folder to C:\

try that, if still not go - set the file arrangement option to just [artist] - [track], with a little experimenting you will find the cause.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

ok, i found the following in another thread, and i _think_ it's done the trick:

--------------------------------

Well I have a suggestion, it sounds like something in the registry is stopping DMC on your PC.

So open up registry editor, (run>>regedit) then navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\ and delete the entire dBpowerAMP folder. Upon restarting dBpowerAMP, it will regenerate the reg keys thus resetting all your settings back to the defaults and is like a soft reinstall.

modatic.net

Comment

Working...

]]>