title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Windows integration where??? (No Right-Click)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rayek4eq
    • Mar 2005

Windows integration where??? (No Right-Click)

Welll... after viewing the faq, I still do not have an answer to this problem, perhaps one could help me work it out.

Basically, I cannot right-click on any music file on my computer to either easily edit the tags or to 'convert to'... All of my codecs are good, the configurations page is all checked.... What's up???

Things I've tried:
    Un-checking then re-checking the boxes in the config window
    uninstalling then reinstalling the program

Things I've done since it worked:
    switched mp3 players from quintessential to winamp (meaning i now use winamp to open all audio files...

Most likely the problem lies with the way windows handles the browser integration from the program, not with the program itself.

sorry if this is a repeat, I didn't get a straight answer or a fix from the faq.

-ray
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Windows integration where??? (No Right-Click)

Originally posted by rayek4eq
    Welll... after viewing the faq, I still do not have an answer to this problem, perhaps one could help me work it out.

Basically, I cannot right-click on any music file on my computer to either easily edit the tags or to 'convert to'... All of my codecs are good, the configurations page is all checked.... What's up???

Things I've tried:
    Un-checking then re-checking the boxes in the config window
    uninstalling then reinstalling the program

Things I've done since it worked:
    switched mp3 players from quintessential to winamp (meaning i now use winamp to open all audio files...

Most likely the problem lies with the way windows handles the browser integration from the program, not with the program itself.

sorry if this is a repeat, I didn't get a straight answer or a fix from the faq.

-ray
    In Windows Explorer, Tools > Folder Options > View and look for Show pop-up description (the end or close to the end, depending on which Windows you have). Enable that option.

If it still doesn't work then something in the registry is off - vaguely remember a reference to that somewhere.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Also do a full reboot.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rayek4eq
        • Mar 2005

the popups are all there (and they're mighily helpful)... just nothing saying 'edit tag' or 'convert to' when i right click the files. tried doing what you suggested, the folder options, but everything looked good on that page.

I do not want to make a full reboot if at all possible, and I doubt that would help much anyway.

Comment

• rayek4eq
          • Mar 2005

p.s. what would be messed up in the registry that i could manually fix?

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Reboot is good, it clears the memory of all the accumulated garbage left behind by programs that don't do their own housekeeping. It also allows installations to be finalized. I do at least one reboot every day as a matter of course.

Comment

• Smoggy
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Feb 2005

try going into winamp general prefrences/file types and un select the file types of said music files. that should restore the right click functions of poweramp. then go to my computer/tools/folder options/ file types and select said music files and associate them with winamp. don't forget to reboot. had the same prob before...I think that is what I did to fix it.

Comment

Working...

]]>