title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

AAC Disc (Disk) number

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zkarj
    • Mar 2005

AAC Disc (Disk) number

[Title formatted for the benefit of the search engine]

I installed the AAC/MP4 decoder and looked at my iTunes-created m4a files. I see pretty much what I expect except that DISKNUMBER is always '0'. Yet, if I look in the file with an editor I can clearly see the tag 'disk' which is followed by two two-byte numbers which reflect the two numbers in the 'disk # of #' that iTunes lets me set.

Now I am no expert on tags by any stretch, but the following byte stream seems to me to represent the tag. This example is from a disk 2 of 2. I have verified disk 1 of 2 has the first '02' replaced by '01'

6469736B00000016
    d i s k . . . .
    d a t a . . . .
    . . . . . . . .
    . . . .

Is there a bug in the decoder or is this non-standard? I also note Foobar2000 appears to ignore this tag.

I used to renumber the tracks on the second CD of two disc sets so they all ran on in one sequence. But lately I discovered the iTunes feature which removes the need for this, as both it and my iPod sort correctly by disc, then by track. I also note iTunes names the files "2-19 Title.m4a" where the 2 is the disc number and 19 the track number.

Trouble is, all other music software seems to ignore this and I end up with two track 1's followed by two track 2's and so on. I wanted to use something to play my original FLACs from the PC.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: AAC Disc (Disk) number

Try the latest mp4 and aac codecs in codec central (hold the mouse over a file) It should say the disc number, but very few players will use that.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>