title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Windows Media Player making Threats!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Windows Media Player making Threats!

Originally posted by adaywayne
    As for displaying titles, it most certainly does. It takes them right from the ID tag. If the title isn't there it will display the file name, that's all. But it won't show anything for a track from an audio cd unless it finds it on the net, that's for sure. maybe you've not had it configrued to show the titles. Go to View > Now Playing options and then select all the fields you want to see.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    I was referring to CD-Rs, Christina. It doe not recognize the track titles like DAP and Media Classic Player do. I have all those option that you men checked.
    Arnie
    Are you referring to reading extra cd text you may have put on a home-made audio cd? because for actual recognition of tracks from the online database it will have to be an exact copy of a commercial cd that is present in that online database (or else a clash with one that resolves to the same identifying features, worse than no recognition). I've never had either program recognize single tracks on a home-made compilation, even if each track was an exact copy of one from a commercial cd. I have always believed that both programs' methods of identifying tracks rely on the entire cd being recgnized as one unit.

My burner drives seem not to support writing of cd text in any case, as I've never seen it shown in any application, though I dutifully put it in Nero every time I burn a home-made cd.

Or maybe what you are seeing is coming from your own pc stored database where you may have added them yourself when you created the cd.
    Last edited by ChristinaS; 03-04-2005, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• adaywayne
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ChristinaS
      Are you referring to reading extra cd text you may have put on a home-made audio cd? because for actual recognition of tracks from the online database it will have to be an exact copy of a commercial cd that is present in that online database (or else a clash with one that resolves to the same identifying features, worse than no recognition). I've never had either program recognize single tracks on a home-made compilation, even if each track was an exact copy of one from a commercial cd. I have always believed that both programs' methods of identifying tracks rely on the entire cd being recgnized as one unit.

My burner drives seem not to support writing of cd text in any case, as I've never seen it shown in any application, though I dutifully put it in Nero every time I burn a home-made cd.

Or maybe what you are seeing is coming from your own pc stored database where you may have added them yourself when you created the cd.
      Christina, I am referring to the titles I gave the files/tracks before burning the CD. As I play the CD in DAP (for example) those titles scroll across the DAP window. I use Sonic "Record Now" for burning. Would you like a screenshot?

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by adaywayne
        Christina, I am referring to the titles I gave the files/tracks before burning the CD. As I play the CD in DAP (for example) those titles scroll across the DAP window. I use Sonic "Record Now" for burning. Would you like a screenshot?
        Well, naturally WMP won't know those since they are not in the same database!

Comment

• adaywayne
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ChristinaS
          Well, naturally WMP won't know those since they are not in the same database!
          Christina, the titles are burned onto the CD. Other players, including DAP, read those titles as the CD plays. WMP simply lists Track 01, Track 02, etc.

Comment

• neilthecellist
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2004

WMP sucks. I've always had problems with them.

As for how it displays only Track 01, Track 02, etc, only, I dunno. I've never even gotten my CD burner to burn the titles onto the CD. It never works for me. Can you elaborate?

Comment

• adaywayne
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by neilthecellist
              WMP sucks. I've always had problems with them.

As for how it displays only Track 01, Track 02, etc, only, I dunno. I've never even gotten my CD burner to burn the titles onto the CD. It never works for me. Can you elaborate?
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              I can speak only of Sonic's "Record Now" and Iomega's "HotBurn", the only two burning programs I have used. Make sure the track titles are in the list before burning and they end up on the CD-R. Here is a picture of DAP playing one of my CD-Rs. You will notice the first track title scrolling across the window.

Comment

• neilthecellist
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2004

try using Nero, adaywayne. http://www.nero.com .

i've used HotBurn before, and it's never burned anything correctly.

Comment

• adaywayne
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by neilthecellist
                  try using Nero, adaywayne. http://www.nero.com .
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Why on earth should I? I quite happy with Sonic!

Comment

• neilthecellist
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Dec 2004

ok then.

Comment

Working...

]]>