title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

New FLAC won't decode, crashes GetPopupInfo.exe

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoeRip
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2004

New FLAC won't decode, crashes GetPopupInfo.exe

I just dloaded the new FLAC codec tonight. (I have never had a FLAC codec before.)

When I mouse over a FLAC file, I get an application crash error: GetPopupInfo.exe.

When I try to use dbpoweramp converter to convert the FLAC files, I get the error: "The CODEC required to decompress 'file' could not be opened."

Any ideas? I'm using dbpoweramp converter version r11 (is there any way to ge the actual version number?) dloaded about two weeks ago.

Edit: Worth noting - there is also no file association set for the FLAC file type. Should installing the FLAC converter set this? Or should it still be blank, since I don't have a player installed that will play FLAC?
    Last edited by JoeRip; 12-15-2004, 10:45 AM.
  • JoeRip
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2004

Re: New FLAC won't decode - fixed

Found the problem. The files were all zero length (dunno how I missed that before) - cancelled bittorrent dload.

Spoon - you might want to mark that, still. GetPopUpInfo.exe is crashing on zero length files.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: New FLAC won't decode - fixed

Noted
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mrgoose
        • May 2005

Re: New FLAC won't decode, crashes GetPopupInfo.exe

Another issue with the FLAC install is that Macromedia Flash utilizes the FLA extension as source files (kinda like photoshop uses PSD as their source), hence GetPopupInfo.exe crashes?

I uninstalled the FLAC install and GetPopupInfo.exe no longer crashes.

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Hmmm... Actually GetPopUpInfo.exe does not systematically crash on 0 length files. For me it crashed on a real media file (whcih shows 0 length) ONLY after I installed the DirectShow codec and Real Alternative since that .rm file required all this in order to be converted. Uninstalling DirectSHow and Real ALternative eliminated the GetPopupInfo.exe crash for the same file.

To me the culprits were the DirectSHow codec and/or Real Alterantive. Or teh cohabitation of Real ALternative and Real Player (which I did not uninstall as recommended by Real Alterantive).

I think all real media files show a 0 length to dMC anyway, since their length is obtainable only in Real Player when you check clip properties.

I don't know how any of this ties in with Flac problems.

Comment

• Wayne
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Aug 2002

I have Real Alternative and DirectShow installed on my machine and I do not have a problem with GetPopUpInfo. However I did remove realplayer together with both the dBpowerAMP real decoder and encoder codecs before hand.

Wayne

Comment

• sundiegojc
              • Jan 2005

I am able to recreate this same "Getpopupinfo.exe" issue with perfectly valid database files created with the collectorz.com Music Collector program (*.muc).
              I have the Muspack codec for DBpoweramp installed as well.
              I had some flac files which had damaged or missing headers which also triggered the error as well.
              Putting a positive spin on things, I was able to use this "feature" to locate the flacs on my PC which had been currupted.

Comment

Working...

]]>