title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Connected

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smilinjack
    • Nov 2004

Re: Connected

Greetings Music Lovers!
    Solved my problem.
    I was buning with "Sonic"
    When I burned .Mp4 and .AAC from the ITune it worked.
    And the .Rax through real, it worked as well.
    No the problem is this error message: "The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Music\Frankie Laine - Mule Train.wma' is encrypted which dMC is not able to decode.
    What do you do in this case.
    Thanks to all who helped me with this!!!!!

Jack

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by smilinjack
      Greetings Music Lovers!
      Solved my problem.
      I was buning with "Sonic"
      When I burned .Mp4 and .AAC from the ITune it worked.
      And the .Rax through real, it worked as well.
      No the problem is this error message: "The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Music\Frankie Laine - Mule Train.wma' is encrypted which dMC is not able to decode.
      What do you do in this case.
      Thanks to all who helped me with this!!!!!

Jack
      Use dMC Auxiliary input http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5362 to record the file as it plays through your sound card. Pay attention to the Volume controls for recording (not playback) - you should select Stereo MIx (or What U Hear).

Comment

• smilinjack
        • Nov 2004

Christina,
        I downloaded the advised program.
        You said to "Start dMC Auxiliary Input". . . adn "Go back to dMC Auxiliary Input and hit the record button".
        Where is that? I stared the converter and the only thing different I see is Play Stop rewind & fast forward buttons on the converter.
        Am I opening the correct program?

Thanks,
        Jack

Comment

• smilinjack
          • Nov 2004

Okay,
          I found the program.
          Went to media player, Started the track from cd, hit record on DB, a file showed as being recorded but when I attempted to play it in media player there was no sound content.
          Now what?

Jack

Comment

• xoas
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2002

The question is whether the problem is with recording (in which case you had the wrong input source selected for dMC Auxilary Converter) or with Playback (in which case you may have shut down your output source and not re-opened it).

If your problem is a playback problem, if you open up the file in Windows Media Player with a visualization, you will see some signs of an audio signal in the visualization (dB Audio Player will do the same) and you may hear a very faint audio signal. Right click on yoour systems volume controls and open up your master sound control panel. Look for audio sources including master volume and wav output controls to see if any are set very low or are inactivated. If so, try re-activating these or turning up the volume.
            If this is not the source of the problem, my guess would be that you recorded the track at too low a volume. When you go to re-record the track, make sure you use the "Test Recording Level" feature while playing the track a first time to make sure you have the recording level set right.

If there is no sign that you recorded any signal, then you most likely did not activate the right input source from your sound card. Check Christina's post here:
            I can't convert this audio file (.asx) to mp3... is this software able to convert? if not.. does anyone know any program can do that..? thanks

for more detailed instructions on identifying and selecting the right input source and review the material in the FAQ she initially gave you (here:
            http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5362 ). If you are sure you have the right input source selected, your problem might be too low a recording level. In that case, check the recording level before you try to re-record the track by using the "Test Recording Level" feature of Auxilary Input as you play the track.

If these tips do not help, please let us know about your findings as to whether the problem seens to be with recording or with playback and what you have tried in terms of the advice above and what your findings were.

Best wishes,
            Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• smilinjack
              • Nov 2004

Thanks Bill,
              There has got to be an easier way to do this.
              I'm wondering if I could simply patch from computer #1 out to Computer #2 in?
              I'm exhasuted!

Jack :o

Comment

• xoas
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2002

I'm wondering if I could simply patch from computer #1 out to Computer #2 in?
                I'm sure you could.
                One use has also recommended a program called TuneBite (www.tunebite,com) which also is designed to help you record copy protected audio files as they play on your computer. I have no idea whether it is actually any easier, but it might be. It does cost about $12, last I checked.

Best wishes,
                Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

Working...

]]>