title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WM10 Breaks dbpowerAMP

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fmarinonj
    • Oct 2006

Re: WM10 Breaks dbpowerAMP

I have looked through that thread, but can't find anything specific to my problem. (I used this thread in the past to setup my system for converting audible programs to mp3). I had this working previously (before reinstall) with an older version of WMP (Windows Media Player).

I followed the instructions after reinstalling (from scratch -- i needed to rebuild the computer from scratch due to a hard drive failure) and still can't seem to get it to work with the new WMP10.

Any suggestions?

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Did you download the Windows 98/ME version of AudibleManager?

Comment

• fmarinonj
        • Oct 2006

No, I have the Windows XP version of Audible Manager. I am running Windows XP. Why would I use the 98/ME version?

Won't this cause a conflict or other problem since I am running a different OS from what it is expecting?

If I do install it, do I need to remove the current version prior to installing the 98/ME version?

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

The reason you need the Win 98/ME version is because only that version will let dMC decode the files.

Yes, uninstall your current version and then install the 98/Me version. No, it won't cause a problem.

Comment

• fmarinonj
            • Oct 2006

Tried out the WIN98/ME version and it works great. :smile2: Thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...

]]>