title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Beginner naming help

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blissful6726
    • Apr 2024

Beginner naming help

Hey,
    Is it possible to make the dynamic naming output a folder with the same name in the same place with just the format next to it?
    For example from "Artist - Album Title (Year)" to "Artist - Album Title (Year) [MP3 320]" in the same folder, for example 'C:\Users\John\Music'
    Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Beginner naming help

[origpath]\[origfilename] [MP3 320]

manually set the filename to the format you choose
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Blissful6726
      • Apr 2024

For me that just puts the transcoded files in the same folder as the original FLAC files, is it possible for it to crerate a new folder with the same name and the new format?
      Last edited by Blissful6726; 04-09-2024, 05:29 AM.

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Blissful6726
        For me that just puts the transcoded files in the same folder as the original FLAC files, is it possible for it to crerate a new folder with the same name and the new format?
        You can configure an individual path for each encoder by setting up the dynamic naming for each encoder. This works for CD ripping as well as for (batch) converting.

But aside of that: I wouldn't recommend to store different file formats in subdirectories within the album directory. From my experience it is better to have different root directories for each file format. Music players often ask for a root directory to index all files recursive and index all file formats they can handle. With your structure the player will index the same title multiple times - one entry for each file format. If you have a root directory for each file format that wont happen.

Just my 2 cents.

Dat Ei

Comment

Working...

]]>