title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Feature request: Bypass online checking whrn your site is down

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guntis
    • Apr 2022

Feature request: Bypass online checking whrn your site is down

Hi,
    Your recent downtime caused quite long ripping times. First I couldn't understand why all tracks stop and 99% and stall. Then after a minute of two CD Ripper continues ripping process. And so with every track! Ripping one CD took about an hour or so. Perhaps even one and a half, because every track had to ripped twice and then three times using Ultra Secure reading. Could you please add some background checking, so that if your site is down, CD Ripper would proceed without long waiting times?
    P.S. Finally I found that I should enable network connection for about 1 minute to fetch some track information and artwork, then press Cancel to get fetched results to appear, then disable WIFi conmpletely and start ripping. And patiently wait while each track is red five times.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Feature request: Bypass online checking whrn your site is down

It was AccurateRip which was stalling, looking at the code it should be a 15 second stall.

The code behind Accuraterip is a dll which is not really maintained (last compile was 11 years ago), I am hesitant to edit now as it could cause issues to accuraterips integrity. We might be able to check the server outside of the dll, the easy option as it stands is to disable Accuraterip.

That said our downtime in the last 10 years has been none existent, we have had close to 100% uptime (once a month the server is rebooted for updates, it takes 60 seconds for this to take place normally).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>