title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

"testaccess" file

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fastfwd
    • Sep 2011

"testaccess" file

I have a few manual syncs and a few syncs configured to run automatically every 8 hours -- nothing more frequently than that.

But every few minutes while Tunefusion is idle -- not running any syncs -- it writes and then quickly deletes a "testaccess" file to the source or target directories of those syncs (I can't tell which, because the directories are sources for some syncs and targets for others).

The problem is that I use the inotify file watcher to help manage other tasks related to my music library. When inotify sees changes (like a newly created/deleted "testaccess" file), it kicks off actions like scanning for new music tracks, etc. I'd like to avoid performing those actions unnecessarily.

Is there a way to prevent Tunefusion from writing the testaccess file, or from writing it so often?
    Last edited by fastfwd; 03-10-2024, 12:20 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: "testaccess" file

Will take a look.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PeterP
      Super Moderator
      • Jul 2011

Problem noted, obviously we're testing this too often, perhaps writing the file is also unnecessary.

Out of curiosity, does your music indexing software ignore changes are made to a hidden file (name starts with a dot) ?

What operating system are you running TuneFUSION on, Mac or Windows?
      Last edited by PeterP; 03-12-2024, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• fastfwd
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by PeterP
        does your music indexing software ignore changes are made to a hidden file (name starts with a dot) ?
        Thanks, great idea... But I just tried, and unfortunately it reacted the same way to `.testaccess` as to `testaccess`.

What operating system are you running TuneFUSION on, Mac or Windows?
        TuneFUSION is running on Windows; my music collection and the file watcher are on a Linux-based NAS mapped to a Windows drive letter.

Comment

• PeterP
          Super Moderator
          • Jul 2011

Here's an updated TuneFUSION program exe, with testaccess file creation removed:

Offending routine (testing for appearing/disappearing network shares) was updated to do so without writing anything.

Comment

• fastfwd
            • Sep 2011

Here's an updated TuneFUSION program exe, with testaccess file creation removed
            Thank you!

Comment

Working...

]]>