title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp CD Ripper and setup with a screen reader still not working

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andersbp
    • Nov 2018

dBpoweramp CD Ripper and setup with a screen reader still not working

Hi everyone,

I am blind and use a screen reader when I navigate on a computer. I am using two screen readers called JAWS for Windows 2024 and the free screen reader called NVDA in the latest version.

Today, I purchased the latest version of dBpoweramp CD Ripper (Music Converter Reference Windows R2024-2-1) because in the dBpoweramp control center, I can activate a feature called "Screen Reader mode" (find this under the advanced settings).

The issue is that I cannot find any changes regarding how my screen reader reads the different elements on the setup screen for dBpoweramp CD Ripper after I have activated the screen reader mode. As in your previous version of dBpoweramp CD Ripper from 2018 (dBpoweramp Reference R16.6), my screen reader, for example, reads "Secure (Recover Errors): 21", "Query Ripping Results with AccurateRip: 1", "Read into Lead-in or Lead-out: 0", etc. I still cannot activate/adjust these features with a keyboard and see the result with my screen reader. Nothing happens when I press the space bar, and if I press enter, I exit the setup dialog box. Because the setup is still not programmed for users of screen readers, I cannot set up dBpoweramp CD Ripper myself! I have no idea if the feature is activated or not because my screen reader only reads the text I described earlier.

I am frustrated that I can activate a screen reader mode in the dBpoweramp Control Center, and afterward, I cannot adjust the correct settings for dBpoweramp CD Ripper! Now I have purchased a new version, and the screen reader compatibility is not better. I have tested with both JAWS for Windows version 2024, the latest version of the free screen reader NVDA, and also with the built-in screen reader in Windows 11 (Narrator). Nothing is working!

Therefore:
    1. Do you have any ideas about how I can set up dBpoweramp CD Ripper with a screen reader (since you have implemented a feature regarding screen reader mode, I expect that the feature should work)?

I have spent two hours now, and I still cannot set up the program. I can read your guide regarding how to set up dBpoweramp CD Ripper, but when I cannot make the different settings, it is all the same to me!

2. In which program will the screen reader mode work when I activate the feature (as I earlier wrote, I cannot see any changes on the interface for dBpoweramp CD Ripper)?

Thank you very much in advance for your answer and have a wonderful day.

Regards,
    Anders
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dBpoweramp CD Ripper and setup with a screen reader still not working

The option 'Screen Reader Mode' sets up the main programs so they can be read by screen reader, otherwise the buttons (Rip, Metadata, etc) are none existent to the reader.

The advanced options pages are not compatible with a screen reader, the type of control we use for the options lists are non standard.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• andersbp
      • Nov 2018

Re: dBpoweramp CD Ripper and setup with a screen reader still not working

Originally posted by Spoon
      The option 'Screen Reader Mode' sets up the main programs so they can be read by screen reader, otherwise the buttons (Rip, Metadata, etc) are none existent to the reader.

The advanced options pages are not compatible with a screen reader, the type of control we use for the options lists are non standard.
      Hi again, and thanks for your answer above.

1. Will the screen reader mode that I can activate under Advanced in DbPoweramp Control Center work in connection with all of your programs, or how shall I understand your answer?

2. Is it possible for you to make the correct changes on the setup screen in DbPoweramp CD Ripper so you use the correct standards for how you programme the interface?

It is a little confusing that I can activate a screen reader mode, but many of your settings not can be adjusted via a screen reader! If I not can setup your program, I not can use your program.

3. Is there another methoed where I can setup DbPoweramp CD Ripper without the inaccessible setting screen for users of screen readers, e.g. via a bat-file, ini-file etc., or is the only way via the inaccessible setup screen?

It will be nice if you please can make a little program there activate all your recommended settings in DBPoweramp CD Ripper, e.g. via a executable program. When this program is activated, all the other features in DBPoweramp CD Ripper working fine with a screen reader. The only issue is the setup process!

Very thanks in advance for your answer, and have a nice day.

Regards,
      Anders

Comment

Working...

]]>