title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Naming scheme

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keynote9
    • Mar 2024

Naming scheme

Its been along time...

But I need some help and my brain just doesn't allow me to do simple configuration since the accident of a concussion. So can someone help me with this.

Artist - Album Title\Artist - 05 - Title

If I just keep it this way for a single artist sure it works just fine but when we get a comp watch out you may have 50 folders

But I need it so that all the tracks including comps and various artists stay in the same folder. I was messing around with the naming scheme and my brain just wont do it 20 years ago sure no problem.

Thanks all!!

Joe
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Naming scheme

I use this on my windows machine. Handles various artists, multi disks, single disks, album artist or just artist. (this is windows. for Mac replace backslash with forwardslash)

[MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title][][]

Comment

• keynote9
      • Mar 2024

That somewhat works for what I Need but I need the comps to be separate out of the comp folder to the main folder and the artist folder to be in the same not have 2 folders if that makes sense for each album

Example - Ricky Martin - Best Of
      Comp Example - Joes Greatest Hits

All in the main folder separate called CDs.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Sorry your examples are not clear to me. Provide some exact details of different types of situations and exactly what you would want the folders and sub folders to be named and file name with specific examples.

Comment

Working...

]]>