title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

New Here

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rhapsodyfan
    • Jun 2004

New Here

hi everyone first time here. my question is this....
    what is better for quality mp3 EAC or poweramp. i know this is the poweramp forum but i was just wondering.it seams eac is really slow when encoding mp3 files. also is musicmatch really as bad as ive seen posts about.after all it costs money for the plus.so why would anyone pay 30 dollars for mp3 encoding when they can get EAC or poweramp for free???? hope i made sence if not then i am truly sorry. :smile2:

quality is a must for my mp3s

thanks alot
  • drspy00
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2004

Re: New Here

Well most free software is better than the stuff you pay for. I don't think you'd be able to pay for software like dbpoweramp that offers that many features and is so versatile, being able to convert pretty much anything to anything.

Comment

• RossRoy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2003

EAC and dbPowerAmp are basically the same quality wise in MP3 seeing as they use the same codec, namely, LAME.

Comment

• Rhapsodyfan
        • Jun 2004

thanks for the reply, another question sorry i am new at this, what is the diffrence in quality with 192kbs CBR and alt preset standard? or is 192 cbr just as good.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

No the alt preset is better (they are tuned and use VBR or ABR, which allows higher quality compressions in about the same file size).
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Rhapsodyfan
            • Jun 2004

thanks again for the reply. alt preset standard it is :smile2: my dvd player which is a toshiba sd-3960su just got it yesterday and it says it plays mp3 up to 320 cbr, now will it also play the alt preset vbr.i couldnt find it anyware in the owners manual. promise last question.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Any of the presets will result in bitrates below 320Kbps so your player should be fine.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Rhapsodyfan
                • Jun 2004

ok i just installed dmc but on my desktop i have two icons dmc audio cd input and dbpoweramp music converter which on do i use to rip cds into mp3s

Comment

• RossRoy
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2003

Audio CD Input

Comment

• drspy00
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Rhapsodyfan
                    ok i just installed dmc but on my desktop i have two icons dmc audio cd input and dbpoweramp music converter which on do i use to rip cds into mp3s
                    You can use either but if you want to rip all in one go with more control the audio Cd input is better.

Comment

Working...

]]>