title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

3 new drives all fail AccurateRip detection

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anubis89
    • Jul 2023

3 new drives all fail AccurateRip detection

Hi, I made a forum post close to a year ago about a new ASUS DRW-24B1ST drive not working with dBpoweramp's CD Ripper. It claimed the offset was +6 in the AccurateRip database, but failed configuration and constantly asked for key discs. I have a CD collection of about 600-700 discs, and after trying 100+ of them without finding a single key disc, I gave up and went back to a combination of insecure EAC and iTunes.

Earlier this week I ordered two new drives. One from Newegg which is a LITE-ON iHAS124-14, and one from Amazon which is an LG GH24NSB0. Both of these drives fail configuration as well and ask for endless key discs despite being in the AccurateRip database. As an experiment, I put my old LG BHL12LS38 BD-RW drive from 2011 into this PC and AccurateRip picked it up right away and assigned the correct offset. I tested a couple CDs and they all ripped accurately. I connected it using the same SATA cable as the other drives.

I was told on another thread that my drives are defective. I'm sorry, but I don't believe this. These are 3 new drives from 3 different manufacturers straight out of the box. I know this is not related to the 3 new drives because:

1) I connected each drive to my old desktop PC this morning and only the LG BD-RW drive was configured correctly by AccurateRip. My old PC had an early 2010's ASUS motherboard and my new PC has an ASRock motherboard from last year. It's not some stale settings in dBpoweramp or Windows. I formatted my old PC clean and re-installed Windows so it never had dBpoweramp on it to begin with.

2) I ripped a game DVD-ROM ISO against the LG BD-RW drive, the LITE-ON drive and the new LG drive. All three checksums matched.

I'd really like some support or ideas here. Please don't tell me to "feed key discs until it finds something" -- its not helpful, I've already wasted hours trying that.

Just for reference:
    Old LG BHL12LS38 BD-RW from 2011 - Works
    New ASUS DRW-24B1ST from 2023 - Fails
    New LITE-ON iHAS124-14 from 2024 - Fails
    New LG GH24NSB0 from 2024 - Fails
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: 3 new drives all fail AccurateRip detection

Look at the SATA interface, try a different setting in the bios.

You can also try EAC on to configure the drives, it is a different program, if that fails also it points to your hardware.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>