title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

File Extensio for DBpoweramp Audio Player

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrcd
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Feb 2012

File Extensio for DBpoweramp Audio Player

What is the is file type used to trigger the audio player in DPA? I have foobar 2000 as by default audio player but VLC is opening. So it must be a file type I need to tell DBA to take control of.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: File Extensio for DBpoweramp Audio Player

The player itself will have options to set as the default player, but later windows removed that, so would likely be under 'choose default app for each type of file'
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mrcd
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Feb 2012

what is the file dbpa player wants to launch?

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

IMHO this is the wrong question. The question is: what audio file extension do you want to open with dBpa player? You can tell and setup Windows, which file extension is to handle with which program.

Dat Ei

Comment

• mrcd
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Feb 2012

When ever I open CD ripper with a CD in the drive it wants to open VLC. As far as I know I have foobar2000 set to open all audio files. In settings in Win 10 foobar seems to be the default for the audio file type and protocol associations I want yet this continues.

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

This has nothing to do with dbpa. It has to do with the preferences of the computer where the files reside. I have all audio types set to use foobar2000 on my Win11 computer.

Comment

Working...

]]>