title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper no longer searches online databases for metadata

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jkt
    • Feb 2024

CD Ripper no longer searches online databases for metadata

After it initially reads a CD I have not ripped before, CD Ripper always says “<no metadata found, type here to lookup manually”.

At first, I thought that this behavior was associated with a rare CD that was “Not in AccurateRip”. To test this hypothesis, I turned off dBpoweramp Cache under “Active Providers” and I loaded a CD that I knew had ripped with metadata and AccurateRip. CD Ripper reported “CD in AccurateRip” and “<no metadata found, type here to lookup manually”. I then turned dBpoweramp Cache back on and reloaded the test CD. CD Ripper showed all of my metadata.

Conclusion: CD Ripper is only fetching metadata from dBpoweramp Cache. It is not accessing network providers.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Ripper no longer searches online databases for metadata

Try a manual lookup, options >> retrieve metadata from >> choose musicbrainz

does that work?

If not, look at your firewall program. Check the date and time on the computer is correct. Check on dBpoweramp Control Centre >> advanced you have not setup a proxy server, or disabled internet access for dBpoweramp
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jkt
      • Feb 2024

I have Menu >> Retrieve Metadata From >> choose musicbrainz. It doesn&*8217;t work.
      I have not installed a firewall.
      The time and date on my computer are correct.
      dBpoweramp Advanced
      &*8220;Allow dBpoweramp to Access Internet&*8221; is set.
      &*8220;Connect through proxy server&*8221; was set I clicked &*8220;Auto Detect&*8221; and it unset.
      Other than the unset of &*8220;Connect through proxy server&*8221;, nothing has changed. I have dBpoweramp disabled and CD Ripper still can&*8217;t find metadata for Willie Nelson &*8220;Stardust&*8221;.

Comment

• jkt
        • Feb 2024

It works now with both with Willie Nelson and with my obscure classical music CDs. Evidently resetting Connect through proxy server in dbPoweramp did the trick. I must not have clicked OK right away on the dBpoweramp window.

Comment

Working...

]]>