title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Checking consistency of file names with track titles/tagged titles

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • astonmartin
    • Oct 2022

Checking consistency of file names with track titles/tagged titles

Hi

Apologies for not naming the title here a bit better. Basically I had noticed that I have a bunch of audio files in my collection whose tagged titles (i.e. what is displayed in music software) do not match the details of the filenames themselves. So essentially I think I am playing one track while actually the file is something else completely. Usually this will be because at some point I have mistagged the file with incorrect metadata or such.

I have Perfect Tunes. Is there any way of running a consistency check on my files using PT to clarify how many of my tracks have been incorrectly tagged with track name/artist etc details - ideally at a whole library level? And if so, any way to retag the correct data from the track filenames?

Apologies if I have missed this in either the manual or the forum here. I did look, but may have not searched for the correct terms.

Thanks for any pointers as to whether this is possible, and then if so, how to remedy my rogue files!
  • simbun
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2021

Re: Checking consistency of file names with track titles/tagged titles

Originally posted by astonmartin
    I have Perfect Tunes. Is there any way of running a consistency check on my files using PT to clarify how many of my tracks have been incorrectly tagged with track name/artist etc details - ideally at a whole library level? And if so, any way to retag the correct data from the track filenames?
    If you're just comparing the tags to the filename then it might be easier to do this in Mp3tag:

"$if($eql(%_filename%,%track% - %title%),yes,no)" IS no
    This filter will show those tracks where the filename isn't <tracknumber> - <title>

Comment

• astonmartin
      • Oct 2022

Re: Checking consistency of file names with track titles/tagged titles

Thanks for this. I appreciate you taking the time to answer - will do that.

Comment

Working...

]]>