title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Enquiry - Best audiophile settings for ripping audio CDs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joelle
    • Jan 2024

Enquiry - Best audiophile settings for ripping audio CDs

Hello,
    i'm new and looking for the best settings for ripping audio CDs.
    I would like to create an absolutely clean rip of my CD collection and also use all the possibilities of the drive.
    I'm confused by all these options, and I'm not a nerd.
    Maybe a member has a simple list for the settings of all the options so that I have my collection in FLAC audiophile on my NAS.

Thank you in advance and best regards
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Enquiry - Best audiophile settings for ripping audio CDs

Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Re: Enquiry - Best audiophile settings for ripping audio CDs

I rip to FLAC, use "ultrasecure" ripping option, and only DSP used in ripping is REPLAYGAIN (which adds Album and Track RG tags). I don't enable embedding album art and instead have it create a single file in the album subdirectory and I name this "cover.jpg". And I use the following naming string, that handles things whether compilations, single artists, album artist tag included or not, and multidisk albums. reverse slashes if using a Mac.

[MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title][][]

Comment

Working...

]]>