title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Missing Albums and Meta Tags (dBpoweramp Reference 15.6)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bark
    • Aug 2020

Missing Albums and Meta Tags (dBpoweramp Reference 15.6)

Should I expect a major improvement in meta tagging if I upgrade to the latest version of dBpoweramp Ripper?

My problem is that I was probably the last person to purchase Version 15.6 (Bundle) without receiving a complimentary upgrade to Version 16.x. Since then I have seen a significant erosion in my version's ability to tag:

Albums Not Found
    ----------------
    • Up to 10% of albums are not found at all or an incorrect album with same number of tracks is found. These mismatches tend to be a bit obscure, new releases or non US releases (even UK and Canada)...AND forget audiobooks.
    • There appear to be no convenient methods to manually provide hints to help with matching (e.g. barcodes).
    • For at least 90% of these exceptions, free options such as Apple iTunes (PC) and Windows Media Player (v.12) do identify the correct album.

Composer Tags
    -------------
    • For albums that are correctly identified by dBpoweramp, a significant portion (say 10-20%) do not include composer tags.
    • Again, a significant majority of these missing composer tags are identified by most alternative applications.

I realize Version R2023 is available for a 21 day trial period. However I would have to recall previous rips with problems or hope to encounter new occurrences of the problems in a product I use periodically (at least weekly).

I would happily upgrade but only if tagging is significantly improved.

Thanks for any feedback.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Missing Albums and Meta Tags (dBpoweramp Reference 15.6)

The latest version has significantly better metadata that R15, much has changed in the last 8 years.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>