title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Possible conflict between VLC and music converter?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velvet
    • Jan 2024

Possible conflict between VLC and music converter?

For the life of me, I cannot get music converter (latest version.) to show any of the right-click context menu items on music files. The reason I believe it has to do with VLC is because in my previous install of Windows 11, it was all working fine with the only difference being that I was using MPC classic then and not VLC. Recently, I reinstalled Windows 11 (Also latest version.) and opted to use VLC this time around and now it's broken. Another reason I think it has to do with VLC is because when I enable "Thumbnail and Property handler" in music converter, it completely breaks thumbnail creation of video files which was also not a thing when I was using MPC classic. I also have video and image converter and they are not affected; their right-click context menu items work just fine on the appropriate file types, it's just music converter.

Any ideas? Thank you!

EDIT: So I decided to uninstall VLC just to test and nope, still not working so guess VLC has nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by Velvet; 01-20-2024, 01:52 PM. Reason: additional info
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Possible conflict between VLC and music converter?

Using R2024 version of dBpoweramp?

Try uninstalling it, full reboot of windows and install.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Velvet
      • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Spoon
      Using R2024 version of dBpoweramp?

Try uninstalling it, full reboot of windows and install.

I am on Release 2023-12-22 according to the control panel. I was not aware that there was a newer version than this and the program says no updates required. If there is a newer version that I need to upgrade to or something, then please point me to it because I cannot find a R2024 version on the site. Thanks.

I also tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling twice, since I saw that posted as a potential solution in another thread, but that did not work for me.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Velvet
        I am on Release 2023-12-22 according to the control panel. I was not aware that there was a newer version than this and the program says no updates required. If there is a newer version that I need to upgrade to or something, then please point me to it because I cannot find a R2024 version on the site. Thanks.

I also tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling twice, since I saw that posted as a potential solution in another thread, but that did not work for me.
        2023-12-22 is the newest version of dbpoweramp for Windows.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

For which file type?

Try other types, such as wave and mp3, or wma as a test.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Velvet
            • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Spoon
            For which file type?

Try other types, such as wave and mp3, or wma as a test.
            Tried all of those, m4a and aac and it doesn't work with any of them.

Comment

• PeterP
              Super Moderator
              • Jul 2011

Everything you need to know about restoring missing context menu items:
              Note: this document assumes dBpoweramp to be installed in the default location in your system's program files folder. Replace location where appropriate if yours is different. To DISABLE dBpoweramp Windows 11 cascaded context menus Command prompt: "%PROGRAMFILES%\dbpoweramp\fooPackageOps.exe" /unregister

Comment

• Velvet
                • Jan 2024

Originally posted by PeterP
                Everything you need to know about restoring missing context menu items:
                https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...roubleshooting
                I couldn't get the Windows 11's cascade menu to work at all, but the classic context menu does work with the instructions there. This works for me since it is what I'm used to anyway. Thanks!

Comment

Working...

]]>