title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

using dbpoweram as external transcoder with navidrome (subsonic / ampache / airsonic)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blahdy
    • Jan 2024

using dbpoweram as external transcoder with navidrome (subsonic / ampache / airsonic)

having trouble setting up dbpoweramp to be used as external transcoder.

navidrome has prebuilt binaries and is the most hassle free solution to test

i use it for carplay, which is limited to up to 16bit 48khz and the resampling done on the iphone is godawful.

also, downsampling the overhead should help in areas with bad coverage.

but for the life of me I cannot figure out the transcode command for dbpoweramp to be used to downsample

this is what generates the required output in terminal:

/Applications/dBpoweramp\ Music\ Converter.app/Contents/MacOS/dBpoweramp\ Music\ Converter -coreconverter -infile="/Users/user/24-96.m4a" -dspeffect1="Resample=-fmin={qt}44100{qt} -fmax={qt}48000{qt}" -convert_to="FLAC" -dspeffect2="Bit Depth=-mindepth={qt}16{qt} -maxdepth={qt}16{qt} -dither={qt}tpdf{qt}" -outfile="/Users/user/24-96.flac"

i cannot manually get dbpoweramp to print stdout and there is no logging when called from navidrome, just exited with non-zero status code: 1

can somebody pretty please help generate that magic combination of symbols to get it done?
  • PeterP
    Super Moderator
    • Jul 2011

Re: using dbpoweram as external transcoder with navidrome (subsonic / ampache / airso

Are you using the latest version of dBpoweramp, Release 2023-12-22 ?

The above command seems to work just fine, converts to FLAC with resample (min=44100Hz max=48000Hz) and bit depth of 16 bits.

To redirect stdout/stderr of a process to a file, suffix line with: >/path/to/log 2>&1

If you require encoding to stdout, as in writing output file to stdout, this is not supported by dbpoweramp.

Comment

• PeterP
      Super Moderator
      • Jul 2011

Re: using dbpoweram as external transcoder with navidrome (subsonic / ampache / airso

Is there some documentation how Navidrome transcoding settings work exactly? I can't find it.

Default ffmpeg lines use %s for source file and transcode to stdout (dBpoweramp can't do this).

Comment

Working...

]]>