title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD-Ripper does not open automatically when I insert a CD into the optical drive

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bretstar
    • Aug 2021

CD-Ripper does not open automatically when I insert a CD into the optical drive

CD-Ripper does not open automatically when I insert a CD into the optical drive. It did that a while ago, but not anymore. How can I fix this?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD-Ripper does not open automatically when I insert a CD into the optical drive

Which version of Windows?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bretstar
      • Aug 2021

Re: CD-Ripper does not open automatically when I insert a CD into the optical drive

So Sorry, I didn't see your answer/question. On some forums you get a message if someone is reacting on your thread.
      My answer: Windows 11
      Today I did an update of dBpoweramp. Now the cd-icon on the taskbar is a Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2024-02-08 145120.png
Views:	1
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	294738 so not the icon of cd-ripper, alas.
      What is the maximum of active providers showing metadata on the manual metadata page. I've got 5 active ones but it shows four on the manual metadata page. There is one I don't recognize as chosen: SonataDB and I'm missing GD3 although it's an active provider.
      Last edited by bretstar; 02-08-2024, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• bretstar
        • Aug 2021

GD3 is back! Is it caused by genre music? Classical you get metadata from SonataDB and popular from GD3?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Correct
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bretstar
            • Aug 2021

But: CD-Ripper does not open automatically when I insert a CD into the optical drive. It did that a while ago (with Windows 11), but not anymore. How can I fix this? I use Windows 11. And how about icon in taskbar?

Comment

• Dat Ei
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Feb 2014

It is the OS not dBpa, which decides what to do if a CD is inserted.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

See:

Hello, I'm a pro user and love the software. Couple questions on optimization. I have 2 drives going and 1300+ CDs to go through.. 1. Is there a way to auto rip once the CDs are inserted into the drive. And without the pop up 2. Can I disable foobar2000 from automatically popping up and playing. When I insert CDs.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bretstar
                  • Aug 2021

As far as I understand: in Windows 11 it looks like you can't connect autoplay with dBpoweramp CD-ripper. But with configuration settings page from Windows 10 it is possible by autoplay settings. Now if I insert a cd dBpoweramp opens automatically and as a bonus I've got the cd-icon back on my taskbar.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2024-02-08 174618.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	294739
                  Last edited by bretstar; 02-08-2024, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>