title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Dynamic Naming not working ( unable to select 'Current Disc Metadata')

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NJAC23
    • Jan 2024

Dynamic Naming not working ( unable to select 'Current Disc Metadata')

When I insert a CD to rip I click 'set' tab to the right of the Naming box ( bottom right of interface)to open up 'DBpoweramp: CD Ripper Naming - Dynamic Naming and as default the example of how meta data will be displayed is:-

Album Artist\Album Title\05 Artist - Title

So I then click to select the box 'Current Disc Metadata' and the Example box below then displays the correct album name, Track name,etc... (eg. LTJ Buken\Earth, Vol 1\02 Appaloosa) - Travelling

HOWEVER as soon as I click OK to exit the dynamic Naming screen popup, 'Current Disc Metadata' immediately deselects itself! and the Example name then displays Album Artist\Album Title\05 Artist - title.

Once I've ripped the CD, when I open the it on my laptop all of the metadata is showing (eg. album/artist name etc)but then when I plug the USB into my car(vauxhall cross 2013) the album/artist name, track
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Dynamic Naming not working ( unable to select 'Current Disc Metadata')

Originally posted by NJAC23
    HOWEVER as soon as I click OK to exit the dynamic Naming screen popup, 'Current Disc Metadata' immediately deselects itself! and the Example name then displays Album Artist\Album Title\05 Artist - title.
    This is correct behavior. This is just for setting how you want files named based on tag metadata. One does not even need to select the current disc metadata option, as that is just showing you how that disc files will be named as an example. It will use the dynamic naming string and that disks metadata to name properly. I suspect when you rip the cd, it is named properly.

Comment

• NJAC23
      • Jan 2024

Thanks for letting me know!But I wonder why my car stereo correct displays track/artist name metadata on any Music CDs that I play in it no problem, but when I plug the USB flash drive(Kingston Datatraveller 16GB)on which I ripped 3 music albums, it reads and plays the music albums, but does not show any artist/track names just numbers?

Do you know if there is a section in DB Poweramp where I can change the way it embeds/adds the track metadata so that it might display correctly in my car stereo, or is it just likely that my car stereo just doesn't work properly and will not read/display the track/album name from my USB drive ? (My car is a 2013 Vauxhall Corsa)
      Last edited by NJAC23; 01-07-2024, 04:39 AM.

Comment

• NJAC23
        • Jan 2024

I just found it was the set up on my car stereo I needed to change as there's a menu with tick box to show track details so all working now! Thank again

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

perfect. enjoy!

Comment

Working...

]]>