title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: dBpoweramp for macOS?

dBpoweramp for macOS?

Hi

I have had R14 and then R17 on a Windows PC in the past but have moved into the Apple ecosystem entirely. Does dBpoweramp have a version that works on macOS Sonoma that I can upgrade to by any chance?

Thanks

Administrator

Re: dBpoweramp for macOS?

It would be a paid upgrade, there is an offer link on your download page for R17

I have just upgraded from MacOs High Sierra to Sonoma - I am surprised that when ripping a CD it only has one thread, whereas my old MacBook Pro Late 2011 show four threads. The MacBook Pro M3 has 12 cores and I would expect more than one to be used. The new M3 is actually slower than my MBP late 2011.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by JMHey View Post
    I have just upgraded from MacOs High Sierra to Sonoma - I am surprised that when ripping a CD it only has one thread, whereas my old MacBook Pro Late 2011 show four threads. The MacBook Pro M3 has 12 cores and I would expect more than one to be used. The new M3 is actually slower than my MBP late 2011.
    Are you sure you were ripping CDs with more than one thread? I don't think this was the case. However when converting tracks multiple cores can be used, one per file.

Administrator

The CD drive is much slower than encoding, rarely would multiple CPUs be shown when ripping.