title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

All users can't convert

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

All users can't convert

Hi folks,
    I have 4 users on the pc using XP Home, all at some stage want to convert music files, so I have put a short cut on all users desktops. I would like to convert to a new folder to be used by all users, though the music will be sourced from their own user files. My problem is, only I can convert from my account(administrator).
    I have tried with everyone given administrator rights but get no joy.
    With all other users, the program runs as normal, when the convert button is pressed the conversion is flashed through and no conversion has taken place.
    Any ideas please, Thanks .
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: All users can't convert

It is a known bug, I havn't had chance to look at it, sorry.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Demodave
      • Jul 2003

I think I have found a workaround for this problem. Simply login as Administrator, open Windows Explorer, navigate to "Program Files/Illustrate/dBpowerAMP" folder on your hard drive and right click, select properties, click on the Security tab, click on the user group that you want to grant dBpowerAMP access to, then put a check mark in all of the columns under allow, click apply and then OK.

I came across this problem with Winamp's inability to work for multiple users. After cruising the Winamp forums, I found the workaround that I described above. It worked!! I figured that if it worked for Winamp...maybe it might work for dBpowerAMP too.......AND IT DID!!

So until Spoon comes up with a more elegant way of handling this problem, this workaround should do the trick.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Makes sense, I looked into it, but it worked fine on new accounts without Admin rights (as long as it was installed again).

Depending upon the security setup, Windows could deny anything writing to that folder, and dMC needs to.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>