title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Nested Windows 11 context menu items

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JeffL0
    • Jan 2020

Re: Nested Windows 11 context menu items

Originally posted by ForSerious
    Well I'm bummed now. Just updated to 2023-12-22 and now I only have the grouped menu. That adds an extra click to get to what I need. I'd rather have both if that's what I have to choose between.
    The singular dBpoweramp submenu appears for WAV files, but not FLAC files, for those the duplication remains.

Comment

• ForSerious
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Aug 2017

I keep clicking 'Reply to Thread' instead of 'Post Quick Reply'. It clears what I had written, so I think it posted.

Comment

• JeffL0
        • Jan 2020

I reverted back to the previous build, because this new "fix" for the duplication results in different behavior for WAV files than for FLAC files, and it's confusing/disconcerting to have the menu structure different each time (I work with WAV and FLAC files constantly). So, I'll wait for another fix.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

The next version will create an option to have win11 only, win11 + old, or just old.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JeffL0
            • Jan 2020

great, thank you! Any idea why I'd be getting one behavior for WAV files and different behavior for FLAC files?

Comment

• PeterP
              Super Moderator
              • Jul 2011

Detailed mitigation instructions here:
              Note: this document assumes dBpoweramp to be installed in the default location in your system's program files folder. Replace location where appropriate if yours is different. To DISABLE dBpoweramp Windows 11 cascaded context menus Command prompt: "%PROGRAMFILES%\dbpoweramp\fooPackageOps.exe" /unregister

To help us understand this problem better, I'd like you to run ShellExView: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html
              Check: Options / Hide All Microsoft Extensions
              Save and post report of shown items. Perhaps the answer is there somewhere, I'll try to install the same combination of software interacting with Explorer as you have.

Regarding WAV vs FLAC,
              I'd like to see registry exports of HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.wav and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.flac if possible.
              You can email to peter@dbpoweramp.com instead of posting here if it's more convenient that way.

Thanks.

Comment

• JeffL0
                • Jan 2020

Thanks! After following the above instructions (disabling the cascaded menu, enabling the classic menu, and importing the.reg file), I now have the desired behavior on both WAV and FLAC files, with no duplication.

Comment

• ForSerious
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Aug 2017

Thank you Peter! My menus are all fix up now.

Comment

Working...

]]>