title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Nested Windows 11 context menu items

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JeffL0
    • Jan 2020

Re: Nested Windows 11 context menu items

I get a dbpoweramp sub-context menu, as well as the same items duplicated directly on the main context menu:

If I leave the default Windows 11 [silly] behavior of the new brief conext menu, only the dbpoweramp sub-context menu is shown, but when you then select "Show more options", to show the full context menu (the way Windows always behaved until this new silly feature), then the items are shown duplicated as above.

Comment

• JeffL0
      • Jan 2020

No explorer Vive tool, but do have StartAllBack installed. I removed that and still the duplicate menu items exitsts:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-12-22_19h38_35.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	294724

Comment

• PeterP
        Super Moderator
        • Jul 2011

Still can't recreate the behavior.
        Tested with StartAllBack and Explorer Patcher, no duplicated commands in classic context menus, not on any of my PCs, not on clean Windows 11 VMs. Trying Windows 11 insider now.
        Any idea what makes your system special? Specific registry tweaks?

Comment

• JeffL0
          • Jan 2020

Interesting. No, no specific registry tweaks, other than those from O&O shutup when I set this machine up. It's a relatively new (less than 6 months) installation of Windows 11 Pro 23H2, current build reports 22631.2861

It seems I'm not the only one, I found this thread when searching for the symptom.

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

I'm seeing I think the same thing being reported. Under my Win11 64 bit install, in my right click menu, when I select dbpoweramp, I then get duplicate submenu selection options.

I'm running this with no special software added (no special explorer tools, etc.; as far as I know just a plan vanilla Win11 pro install.)

Edition Windows 11 Pro
            Version 22H2
            Installed on &*8206;12/&*8206;7/&*8206;2022
            OS build 22621.674
            Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0

Comment

• PeterP
              Super Moderator
              • Jul 2011

Note that these - Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-11-27 130703.png
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	297846 - are a separate bug related to upgrading from old version, it is being addressed. Immediate workaround in my post earlier in this thread.
              I'm still trying to get to the bottom of this- https://ibb.co/5TfZtfd - and haven't been able to reproduce it at all.

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

Aha. I have the first one. Thanks c

Comment

• PeterP
                  Super Moderator
                  • Jul 2011

People getting both cascaded and plain menus in classic menu:
                  Please open regedit.exe, search for 11071971-C674-452E-8CCC-033CE1D99C8B and report hits.
                  Thanks.

Comment

• JeffL0
                    • Jan 2020

I get 4 results:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PackagedCom\ClassIndex\{11071971-C674-452E-8CCC-033CE1D99C8B}
                    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PackagedCom\Package\Illustrate.d Bpoweramp.Win11Shell_1.0.0.0_x64__s6r0h5jr5vt82\Cl ass\{11071971-C674-452E-8CCC-033CE1D99C8B}
                    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PackagedCom\Package\Illustrate.d Bpoweramp.Win11Shell_1.0.0.0_x64__s6r0h5jr5vt82\Se rver\0, SurrogateAppId, {11071971-C674-452E-8CCC-033CE1D99C8B}
                    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Shell Extensions\Cached, {11071971-C674-452E-8CCC-033CE1D99C8B} {A08CE4D0-FA25-44AB-B57C-C7B1C323E0B9} 0xFFFF, 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 9d 19 66 d7 d7 10 da 01

Name:	Untitled.png
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	294725

Comment

• ForSerious
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Aug 2017

Well I'm bummed now. Just updated to 2023-12-22 and now I only have the grouped menu. That adds an extra click to get to what I need. I'd rather have both if that's what I have to choose between.

Comment

• JeffL0
                        • Jan 2020

Well, I didn't know there was a new build, and this is EXACTLY what I wanted, so THANK YOU to the dev team. I'm sorry @ForSerious this is not what you wanted, but for me, this makes the context menu much cleaner - yes, it's an extra click as opposed to having the menu items on the main context menu, but, A) at least they are no longer duplicated, and B) it does make the menu cleaner. If there was a configuration option to choose either individual items on the context menu, or, grouped under the dBpoweramp submenu, that might be ideal, but I am very happy with this fix.

Comment

• JeffL0
                          • Jan 2020

NB: I don't understand why sometimes my posts appear immediately, and other times they must be approved by a moderator?

Comment

• JeffL0
                            • Jan 2020

Originally posted by ForSerious
                            Well I'm bummed now. Just updated to 2023-12-22 and now I only have the grouped menu. That adds an extra click to get to what I need. I'd rather have both if that's what I have to choose between.
                            I was unaware there was a new build, but this does fix the duplication, and for me it makes the context menu much cleaner, so I am very happy with the change.

If there was a configuration option to choose individual items on the primary context menu versus nested under the dBpoweramp submenu, that might be ideal, but I am very happy with the fix.

EDIT:
                            Spoke too soon, it's not completely fixed.

For WAV files, I now have only the dBpoweramp submenu.
                            However, for FLAC files, I still have the duplication (see attached image):

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	294726
                            Last edited by JeffL0; 12-29-2023, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• JeffL0
                              • Jan 2020

Spoke too soon, it's not completely fixed.

For WAV files, I now have only the dBpoweramp submenu.
                              However, for FLAC files, I still have the duplication (see attached image):

ID:	294726

Comment

• JeffL0
                                • Jan 2020

The latest build does not completely fix the issue.

With WAV files, I now have only the consolidated dBpoweramp submenu,
                                however, with FLAC files, the duplicated menu items remain.

ID:	294727

Comment

Working...

]]>